Thread: Do CDs sell well here?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Do CDs sell well here?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I don't know, but I do know that lots of CD and DVD sellers have moved from ebay to ebid due to the high fees taking too much profit of a low profit item.

Are you sure ‘’babe’’…?...

As I can see still pretty high numbers for this all stuff on other side…

DVDs & CDs ‘’only’’ is listed around 5,754.00

I am sure many has already move out but…huh…oh boy….......too much differnce is just too much difference....not even '' a scratch''...but...well..hey...I know...I know....''it will get better''......

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do CDs sell well here?
    Why not just join, list them and see for yourself...I did and happy about it.

Forum Lurker
    Nutter Fort, West Virginia, United States
    View rhoover77's Feedback (+5)
    All-About rhoover77
    View rhoover77's Listings
    Forum Posts

They will sell, if they are at a reasonable price, some of these prices for cds are unreal!!!!!

View harold69's Feedback (+369)
    All-About harold69
    View harold69's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am going to list my CDs, they are some of the best Bluegrass, country, country classic, and classic rock out today, they are in very nice condition, sorry, they won't be cheap. i want to sell so i can buy more, but i can't sell for cheaper than i buy, i am American, not ...........

Forum Newbie
    View whoputthebootin's Feedback (+5)
    All-About whoputthebootin
    View whoputthebootin's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi all
    i have loads of CDs and vinyl i want to sell, most of it has been left to me by a family member, i am Ok listing the vinyl as i am a refugee from feebay but the CDs i would rather sell as groups rather than 1 at a time, do they sell better if you lump 1 artists CD together or am i better mixing them with the same type of music?, i don't really bother with CDs myself, also does vinyl sell on here? as i listed some vinyl 24 hrs ago and have had only 3 views so far

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

LP records do sell well on Ebid...but the type that seem to sell and more importantly attract new buyers to the site, are those that are becoming harder to find and are more costly when found on other sites....so in short classic and prog rock will sell over here....most run of the mill pop will sit around.

To sell LP records successfully its necessary to offer up front and the best value value for money shipping costs....so this means that by offering "free" p&p will be a severe hurdle to achieving this....usually 3 single LP records can be posted within a single package and the total weight will be in the region of 900 - 970 Grams, making 3 items the same cost to post as 1 single one. If you're willing to pass this saving onto the buyer and make this clear in your all about me page or listing then i believe that you're already operating at an advantage.
    Postal costs play a big part in making sales and i reckon that any effort that you as a seller make to minimise the impact of this then it should open up your chances of more sales.

So...i've taken a look at your listings and to be fair they do happen to be titles that record buyers look for, but unfortunately the option that you've used to list them won't allow very many potential buyers to see them.
    By choosing to only use the bid facility you won't get these listings uploaded to Google ....and its Google that brings buyers to Ebid.
    I would use the platinum option to list with as it only costs 5p each time....complete the required fields on the listing form ....such as manufacturers name....barcode....catalogue/part number....and from here you'll see your view figures increase. Right now your view figures are low because no one outside of Ebid searching the specific titles are able to see what you have to sell.
    I also wouldn't bother offering your lps on a bid basis, but instead would only now consider listing these as buy it nows....the platinum option (5p)....will let you do this.

i always offer as many of my listings to none UK buyers as possible, and i've been able to sell LP records overseas.

Cd discs are not so easy to move....unless they're of course rare, deleted or unique in some other way. again....the most useful advice i can offer is to never list using "free" p&p as this will make any intended multiple item purchase seem expensive and to explain that you are able to offer the lowest shipping costs.

Whether you list CD's as single items or bulk collections will make little difference to their saleability..

As always careful and accurate grading is everything, and this will help buyers feel happier to deal with you.
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 13th August 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    LP records do sell well on Ebid...but the type that seem to sell and more importantly attract new buyers to the site, are those that are becoming harder to find and are more costly when found on other sites....so in short classic and prog rock will sell over here....most run of the mill pop will sit around.

To sell LP records successfully its necessary to offer up front and the best value value for money shipping costs....so this means that by offering "free" p&p will be a severe hurdle to achieving this....usually 3 single LP records can be posted within a single package and the total weight will be in the region of 900 - 970 Grams, making 3 items the same cost to post as 1 single one. If you're willing to pass this saving onto the buyer and make this clear in your all about me page or listing then i believe that you're already operating at an advantage.
    Postal costs play a big part in making sales and i reckon that any effort that you as a seller make to minimise the impact of this then it should open up your chances of more sales.

So...i've taken a look at your listings and to be fair they do happen to be titles that record buyers look for, but unfortunately the option that you've used to list them won't allow very many potential buyers to see them.
    By choosing to only use the bid facility you won't get these listings uploaded to Google ....and its Google that brings buyers to Ebid.
    I would use the platinum option to list with as it only costs 5p each time....complete the required fields on the listing form ....such as manufacturers name....barcode....catalogue/part number....and from here you'll see your view figures increase. Right now your view figures are low because no one outside of Ebid searching the specific titles are able to see what you have to sell.
    I also wouldn't bother offering your lps on a bid basis, but instead would only now consider listing these as buy it nows....the platinum option (5p)....will let you do this.

i always offer as many of my listings to none UK buyers as possible, and i've been able to sell LP records overseas.

Cd discs are not so easy to move....unless they're of course rare, deleted or unique in some other way. again....the most useful advice i can offer is to never list using "free" p&p as this will make any intended multiple item purchase seem expensive and to explain that you are able to offer the lowest shipping costs.

Whether you list CD's as single items or bulk collections will make little difference to their saleability..

As always careful and accurate grading is everything, and this will help buyers feel happier to deal with you.
    thanks for your feedback, can i use the platinum option as i just have a seller account or do i need to upgrade?, as i am trying out Ebid instead of eBay regarding vinyl i thought i would try it and see what sort of response i got to my listings, unfortunately the views were very poor (funny thing is the CDs views are better) and it did not seem worth spending any extra to upgrade, i did buy a few small items just to get my feedback off zero as i know that puts buyers off
    once again thanks
    whoputthebootin

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Think i have got the hang of it

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a look at you listings....especially those that you've used the "platinum" option on...and from what i see you've got the general idea of how things work.

As you've discovered you can use the "platinum" listing option even if you're registered as a basic seller. This listing option offers you almost all of the features you'd have if you were registered as a seller+....and the great thing about it is it only costs 5p per listing, in the case of your lps and cds i would recommend that you use Run until sold, and don't be tempted to use the auto repost option....you have little to no competition within your particular categories, so don't need to be concerned about your listings getting lost in all of the others.

The reason why you're unhappy with the views that you've been getting is because you've fallen for the old "free to list on Ebid" nonsense...i mean....sure enough there is an option where its free to list on Ebid, but if you go with this then listing is about all you'll be doing, and i guess that selling is more your thing.
    By taking advantage of the great deal to be found when using the platinum option you'll enjoy more views and usually a decent degree of visibility on Google shopping....this is how new buyers normally find Ebid.

i began selling on this site using the platinum option, i was quite pleased with the results and from there i decided that i would do well to upgrade to seller+ lifetime....but its good that you give the platinum option a good work out before thinking of taking the lifetime offer up....see how you get on.

As i was telling you...i took a look at your listings....and noticed that you can make better use of keywords within your titles ....namely in terms of describing the format....here's how i do it,
    if i list an lp i will describe it as follows....vinyl lp record...here you'll catch 4 separate search attempts, some buyers will type "vinyl", to those of us who grew up buying records this is a term only recently used to describe the gramophone record, yet its become the most popular, even Amazon refer to this format as "vinyl", again the term lp is widely used amongst older buyers, as is the term "record". "Album" is another term likely to be used by potential buyers of a certain age. The inclusion of these 4 terms is very important.

Likewise CDs, i always describe as compact disc cd album...you'll see 3 separate descriptions there....cd....compact disc and album.

Are you using the UK record collector grading standard to appraise condition?.....or do you rely on the US Goldmine system?...i make a point of explaining this in my all about me page, along with other information that allow a buyer to gain an impression of whether i'm tight when it comes to grading or whether i grade loosely. Its also important if you wish to sell outside of the UK....which i hope that you will as there's a decent market for UK issued LP's abroad and i've done okay by offering my listings to overseas buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by whoputthebootin View Post
    Think i have got the hang of it
    It's alway a good idea to put track listings for those who do not know the album, you are more likely to pick up a casual sale this way. Some people will buy an album for just one or two tracks but may not know which album it comes from. Scan the reverse side of covers and put up picture as well if this saves time. I will keep having a look I'm always after something new, like pretty much any type of music.

Thread Information