eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We need more boat and marine parts.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: We need more boat and marine parts.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    Quite true. And I was speaking from personal experience - not generalising - in my post. Time and time again I have come up with either 0 results or inflated prices when browsing - a past thread of mine cites an example of a frying pan on here at around £15 and exactly the same item on e-ay for £8.50. Now that is ridiculous.
    Yes I dont understand why sellers do that, I noticed a seller who lists here and on other sites doing that in the end ALL his prices were more expensive than another seller anyway for the same item lol

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    …[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Oh, really????? I have yet to find what I am looking for at a cheaper price here than elsewhere. In fact, I rarely find what I am looking for on here.
    my items are not cheaper on here than elsewhere the reason because im "not jack the lad " i dont get a job lot of the back of a lorry or down the pub i buy whole sale i sell retail i cant compete with jack the lad who destroys a market place for the short time there trading leading buyers to expect some thing for nothing, never the less with my Competitve prices i have managed just over 300 notes worth of sales this month on ebid mainly to japan and germany with a few to the uk,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MelmacALF View Post
    Yes I dont understand why sellers do that, I noticed a seller who lists here and on other sites doing that in the end ALL his prices were more expensive than another seller anyway for the same item lol
    one reason why sellers do that as you put it, is trading on feebay for a seller in a common market for a common product is driving the asking price down to below break even, very hard to survive in a market like that coupled with the fees, thats no excuse for being blatant in pricing in a different market, but sellers do need to make a margin !

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    one reason why sellers do that as you put it, is trading on feebay for a seller in a common market for a common product is driving the asking price down to below break even, very hard to survive in a market like that coupled with the fees, thats no excuse for being blatant in pricing in a different market, but sellers do need to make a margin !
    I was not only cheking that site, I check a few sites, and I do not think profit is a dirty word so if a seller charges the same here as he does elsewhare fair enough Id happily buy the item.

BUT its so easy to check the prices elsewhare its not going to sell if its not competative. If sellers cant maintain a decent markup, Im afraid thats just business nowadays the big players can sell cheeper due to buying power etc, no easy fix for that :-(

I cant think there are many buyers out there who can afford to pay extra just to support the little guys, there just is not the spare cash.

So If any business cant maintain the margins they can get, the simple fact is the business is not longer viable, so it either changes to stuff with better margins or does not survive.

Charging more on one site compaired to another is not going to help the business survive because the higher priced stuff still wont sell. So this practice of listing at higher price on ebid still does not make sence to me as it wont sell.
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 27th October 2012 at 11:57 AM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MelmacALF View Post
    I was not only cheking that site, I check a few sites, and I do not think profit is a dirty word so if a seller charges the same here as he does elsewhare fair enough Id happily buy the item.

BUT its so easy to check the prices elsewhare its not going to sell if its not competative. If sellers cant maintain a decent markup, Im afraid thats just business nowadays the big players can sell cheeper due to buying power etc, no easy fix for that :-(

I cant think there are many buyers out there who can afford to pay extra just to support the little guys, there just is not the spare cash.

So If any business cant maintain the margins they can get, the simple fact is the business is not longer viable, so it either changes to stuff with better margins or does not survive.

Charging more on one site compaired to another is not going to help the business survive because the higher priced stuff still wont sell. So this practice of listing at higher price on ebid still does not make sence to me as it wont sell.
    if the price is competative which means it can be above what the same item sells for else were then a buyer will pay more, why ? in my case i offer the full range of items that buyer is likely to want coupled with a service which any discerning buyer will pay a little extra for ebid is geared for sellers to give a higher personal service,

and thats were 99.9% of new sellers go wrong it matters little what the price is when a seller competes with them selves via 2.3 or 4 sites they offer no incentive for buyers to sign up when there already astablished and active on other sites, how many times have we heard it said on ebid threads . " i list here cheeper than feebay but cant get a sale " " but my items sell well on feebay " sellers thinking they can increase sales by selling on multi platforms, dont work,

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    if the price is competative which means it can be above what the same item sells for else were then a buyer will pay more, why ? in my case i offer the full range of items that buyer is likely to want coupled with a service which any discerning buyer will pay a little extra for ebid is geared for sellers to give a higher personal service,

and thats were 99.9% of new sellers go wrong it matters little what the price is when a seller competes with them selves via 2.3 or 4 sites they offer no incentive for buyers to sign up when there already astablished and active on other sites, how many times have we heard it said on ebid threads . " i list here cheeper than feebay but cant get a sale " " but my items sell well on feebay " sellers thinking they can increase sales by selling on multi platforms, dont work,
    I agree - although selling on multi platforms can be overcome by keyword variation. Different keywords means a different buyer audience so a good opportunity to create more exposure. But it would seem that these sellers don't really understand that - or are just too lazy to do it - as you say they end up competing with themselves, complain about lack of sales and blame the site for their own incompetence.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I agree - although selling on multi platforms can be overcome by keyword variation. Different keywords means a different buyer audience so a good opportunity to create more exposure. But it would seem that these sellers don't really understand that - or are just too lazy to do it - as you say they end up competing with themselves, complain about lack of sales and blame the site for their own incompetence.

yep forgot to mention that point.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote "Baconsdozen, I hardly think your constant negativity and telling any potential buyers that you effectivly cant be bothered with ebid anymore is going to give them the confidence to buy from you."

Not being negative,just stating a fact.
    There are very few potential buyers on here to upset anyway.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Baconsdozen
    We all know that ebid is not as good as ebay for selling items.
    But that is why we are all here, we do not like ebays policies and fees.
    So we all need to support ebid.
    Its not ebid's fault that some people don't make sales.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Baconsdozen
    We all know that ebid is not as good as ebay for selling items.
    But that is why we are all here, we do not like ebays policies and fees.
    So we all need to support ebid.
    Its not ebid's fault that some people don't make sales.
    I beleive Mr Dozen came from Yahoo not ebay.

Thread Information