eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: EBID? How many auctions do we have worldwide?

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    OK try this!
    I randomly selected a cat to check. Antique books & manuscripts :
    I choose the first listing I could find of the 1st ten UK sellers. (10 different sellers)
    Out of those sellers only 40% sold to the USA
    60% did not!

Check out any cat you like and see what you find! At least I'm doing the research such as it is!
    You may be doing research but you're doing it badly. You've gone from counting apples to counting oranges and are trying to shoe-horn the results to fit.

If you look at the number of listings (which is where you started this thread) available in that one, very small, sub-category rather than looking at individual sellers, you'll find that 66% of the listings from UK sellers (499) are available to US Buyers (331).

As you can't search a category as a whole, the following are the results from the sub-category with the highest number of listings from UK sellers in that category.

Antiques 449 UK listings 66% available to US
    Art 41,782 UK listings 98% available to US
    Books 112,685 UK listings 76% available to US
    Crafts 8,712 UK listings 73% available to US (the sub-cats I list in have 93% & 95% availability)

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Can you try and work this out for me. The top number is the world wide listing numbers, followed by country listings, next set of numbers is the world wide live auction numbers minus the country listing numbers. The bottom is what's left.

I can't work it out as it seems the ones that are red are short by those many, yet if I add them all up together the total comes to over 5million. So if anyone can work it out better then hopefully I'll understand it better myself.
    That information isn't readily available because some sellers sell only to their own country, some sell worldwide on all their items, some sell worldwide on some of their items and some sell to some countries but not others. You could work it out by checking domestic listings in each and every sub-cat on all 20 geographical sites but not even I am sad enough to want to do that.

Da Boyz will know but may not want to make that information public.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    That cannot be true at all!

That would mean that 80% of listings listed outside of USA are available to USA. . . It's just not feasable due to weight and postal restrictions.

80 to 90 % of my listings are for UK only for those exact reasons. I'm sure it's true for most sellers across the board.

Without a proper explanation those figures are worse than useless.
    I cannot agree with what you say, simply because I have read this whole thread, and still believe that the total eBid listings is that as shown on Craig's page link. 99% + of my 9600+ auctions are for worldwide countries, 70% ish are for all continents.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm off to drown myself!

In Angel Delight!

Chockie and Butterscotch Flavours!

So there!

Although US sellers complain about shipping costs overseas and domestically, we do have several breaks on those rates that make some shipping cheaper that UK does not have: Priority flat rate boxes, many sizes, that can ship very heavy items domestic or international, and book rate available domestically.

Book rate ships for maybe $1 a pound, so is very very nice for selling books within US.That is why I stock so many big coffee table style books, heavy cookbooks, etc.

For priority flat rate boxes, the box is packed full and one charge is paid. i.e. $4.50 flat envelope, $10.99 medium size (shirt box size), and $14.99 large box. That is how/why I can sell 20 to 30 items to one person and only charge them $14.99 for the shipping. That is a bargain, and it is available internationally but for a higher price. But still an option for some items. i.e. a while back I sold doll collector books to a UK buyer, and used a flat priority shipping box w/ inter'l postage. The books were older, rare, not available in UK. Cost $40 to ship that box, but buyer got 8 big hardcover w/ HJ books that were worth lots more than they paid. win-win situation.

i.e. we can't get original version of Harry Potter books here. We get an Americanized version. Fans would gladly pay the price of shipping to get an original UK version.

Bottom line is no one knows what will sell, offer it to everyone and see what sells.

For those like Panther who worry about high cost of shipping heavy items internationally, also run lighter items too. Books are expensive from UK to US, ok, sell collectable advertising, postcards, mag ads, small souvenir booklets, etc. Problem solved. That is why many of us sell a variety of items.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Well...

You are right DELTA...a 100%...for that reason I send anywhere in the whole world for low shipping and top of that if anybody buy 2 or more items in one day from me no more charging for the shipping , likes a sample my stamps anybody buy one shipping is $0.44 for Domestic and International and if anybody buy a 100 or 200 or any more number of stamps shipping is still for all only $0.44 for Domestic and International and that's is big deal....in my store I not have any ''heavy'' items reason for that is the shipping simple as that...and for any my other items deal is similar likes for the stamps buy one pay first shipping buy two or unlimited no more charge for the shipping Domestic or International...I learn one a little things don't sell what did you like just sell what is not heavy for shipping because many Buyers don't like to pay much for shipping and most of time Seller can't escape because shipping is very expensive in case if yours item is ''heavy''...
    Delta...good luck for selling way to go Girl...way to go...heh....

Thread Information