eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EBID? How many auctions do we have worldwide?

Pink, the true worldwide figures are on https://www.eBid.net not https://uk.eBid.net
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    All my 10,000 items are available worldwide.

I cant see why anyone would restrict themselves by not doing so - regardless of weight.

If someone sees an item and wants it bad enough, cant get it in their own country, they will pay for postage and purchase from overseas.

No harm in listing it that way - you just never know.
    That's ok for light and small stuff.

But a lot of stuff is bulky and heavy. EG I have a book Grays Anatomy - It weighs 1.060kg gross packed weight.
    There is one on offer from UK appearing in US listings P&P is £11 (Price of book is not the issue but it's £34.00)
    Same/similer book in USA listed at $15 P&P is free.

There's my reasoning right there.
    You can't compete with the domestic market for run of the mill stuff!
    Unusual and unique products are fine. Nothing out of the ordinary is a waste of effort. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Well there we have it again! CONFUSION!

Craig & others are under the impression that the UK figure is the world total!

SO I SAY AGAIN!
    WHAT IS THE TRUE NUMBER OF LISTINGS WORLDWIDE?
    WHAT ARE THE TRUE NUMBER OF LISTINGS BY COUNTRY?
    No Craig was correct he showed the 'worldwide' figures from the non geographical home page http://www.ebid.net/ which is the total listings from anywhere in the world.

The U.K. home page is here showing the U.K. figures http://uk.ebid.net/ which also include listings being offered to the U.K. from other countries.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll say this again as it seems to have been missed:

I list everything worldwide regardless of weight and let the buyers choose. I don't see the point in restricting visibility. Even if a buyer doesn't want to pay the postage on *that* item, they could browse from there to something more affordable. Why would you want to restrict your audience?

Worldwide Figure = 2,642,493
    UK figure = 2,071,897
    USA figure = 2,137,677

So in the out of the worldwide figures 570,596 listings are available to the Uk from other eBid sites, from the worldwide figures 504,816 listings are available from other eBid sites.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

But a lot of stuff is bulky and heavy. EG I have a book Grays Anatomy - It weighs 1.060kg gross packed weight.
    There is one on offer from UK appearing in US listings P&P is £11 (Price of book is not the issue but it's £34.00)

Unusual and unique products are fine. Nothing out of the ordinary is a waste of effort. IMO
    Also I would quite like to add that I don't quite see where the word 'effort' comes into it ???! All you have to do is type in a postage rate and pick up a roll of CN22 and airmail stickers from the post office ! My last feedback just come in is from an Australian buyer so well worth the 'effort' I would say.

I cant see anything in your reasoning at all that would produce a figure of 80% of listings on ebid not being available worldwide.

If you go to www.eBid.net write down the number shown, then go to each eBid site and write down the number of each it will show how many listings are available to each country/continent. Then minus the amount shown from all the eBid sites, I think it should show the correct number of listings that are officially live for each country.

However the number shown on www.eBid.net is the correct live auction numbers from around all the eBid sites.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Worldwide Figure = 2,642,493
    UK figure = 2,071,897
    USA figure = 2,137,677

So in the out of the worldwide figures 570,596 listings are available to the Uk from other eBid sites, from the worldwide figures 504,816 listings are available from other eBid sites.
    Not quite...

That shows that of the 2,642,493 items listed on eBid world wide, 570,596 (23%) are NOT available to UK buyers and 504,816 (19%) are NOT available to US buyers.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I cant see anything in your reasoning at all that would produce a figure of 80% of listings on ebid not being available worldwide.
    Around 80% of listings on the UK side of eBid ARE available worldwide.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Thread Information