Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YDC change effective this month

Exclamation YDC change effective this month

YDC will no longer be the last weekend of the month
    YDC will no longer be 7+ days

YDC will take place the same date each month.

YDC will only have auctions running for 4 days

YDC's will start on the 24th of each month.
    Listings for YDC must be done between 12.01am and 11.59pm UK time. To find out when that is in your local time click on the links, the first one allows you to set the date so you can see what the time and date is where you live, it is really easy to do as people have been doing it for all previous YDC's without issue

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock

Auction duration will now be just 4 days.

The announcement thread will be done on 20th of each month

YDC will always start on the 24th of each month from now on.

4 reasons this has been done

1) Simplification of when it starts / ends
    2) To try & get fresh people involved
    3) To try and get more frantic bidding
    4) to have bigger gaps between each YDC

Please continue to support YDC and I hope to see you all in YDC78 on 24th June
    Last edited by raindropsies; 7th June 2010 at 08:59 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why has the original thread been deleted?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Why has the original thread been deleted?
    Don't know about you...but my head nearly exploded from reading the other thread

Maybe the health and safety people complained

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Don't know about you...but my head nearly exploded from reading the other thread

Maybe the health and safety people complained
    I didn't see it since this am, I think. But having it gone raises serious issues of transparency, unless something went on that required support to remove it.

P.S. It would also make posting to this thread a useless exercise!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I didn't see it since this am, I think. But having it gone raises serious issues of transparency, unless something went on that required support to remove it.

P.S. It would also make posting to this thread a useless exercise!
    Thinking back to the opening post on the old thread...it looks like Sarah has updated things so the information in the old thread has had the useful stuff taken from it and added to this thread as an opening post.

I deleted the old thread for various reasons, nothing to do with transparency.

Some people felt that things got really really confusing and couldn't understand why

This thread is here as the OP has been made clearer with 2 links (rather than just 1)

The idea behind the change is to get more people taking part and 1 thing that has been mentioned by many non-YDC participants as a seller has been that they feel that they need to be part of a group to take place in a discussion that is pages long, and some simply cannot be bothered to read a long thread and simply don't take part for that reason as a seller and in some cases as a buyer.

YDC needs to be open to more people and having a thread that is long simply confuses some or makes them feel that they cannot take part and reluctant to add input

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I deleted the old thread for various reasons, nothing to do with transparency.

Some people felt that things got really really confusing and couldn't understand why

This thread is here as the OP has been made clearer with 2 links (rather than just 1)

The idea behind the change is to get more people taking part and 1 thing that has been mentioned by many non-YDC participants as a seller has been that they feel that they need to be part of a group to take place in a discussion that is pages long, and some simply cannot be bothered to read a long thread and simply don't take part for that reason as a seller and in some cases as a buyer.

YDC needs to be open to more people and having a thread that is long simply confuses some or makes them feel that they cannot take part and reluctant to add input
    Your points make sense, but there is nothing like complete documentation of process (positive & negative) to give an inquiring person full information as to what they are actually becoming involved with.

Your points make sense, but there is nothing like complete documentation of process (positive & negative) to give an inquiring person full information as to what they are actually becoming involved with.
    I'm sorry that you feel that I need to provide complete documentation and feel that I've not done so.

I feel that I have and the other threads about YDC show this.

YDC has failed to get fresh people involved in large numbers and only time will tell if the change/s in this OP will make things better or worse.

Obviously if it has a negative effect then things will be re-assessed, but I hope that things will improve. Likewise I will always be open to suggestions as to how things can be improved in the future.

Roughly we currently raise approx £350-£400 a month through YDC, and on a personal level I would like to see this increase but I feel that this can only happen with more sellers and buyers being involved.

My original idea can be seen here http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...10&postcount=1 and people didn't like it or think it will harm YDC, likewise half of the voters would like YDC shortened

Other things in the poll & the other poll http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=138902 will not be implemented (if at all) for a long while yet.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel that I need to provide complete documentation and feel that I've not done so.

I feel that I have and the other threads about YDC show this.

YDC has failed to get fresh people involved in large numbers.........
    Removing threads does not = complete documentation. "Fresh people" would hopefully have an inquiring mind & want to know what they are getting involved with........"the good, the bad, the......."

Removing threads does not = complete documentation. "Fresh people" would hopefully have an inquiring mind & want to know what they are getting involved with........"the good, the bad, the......."
    Like I said a big thing that puts people off from joining in threads and YDC is reading page after page.

Anyway it's been deleted and cannot come back.

Moving forward I have just done this image in an attempt to make things simpler to understand with the start time.

The announced thread will say that UK time will be from 12.01 on 24th and other countries listing times will be that of the time / date shown in the image http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=139140

Thread Information