Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: YDC 76 Announcement Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Payments to my bank are fine. Donating via RNLI isn't, for the reasons explained above - it's a specific project I'm collecting for, and if you pay to the RNLI direct it will go in the general pot and Looe will never see it.
    Ah, I thought there would be a separate page on their site where you could donate to a specific appeal. Sending a payment to your bank would be fine with me anyway.
    See my YDC auctions here

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    You don't even have to go back far Kim. That's how it worked for my Shelterbox YDC. I think there were only three that paid to Shelterbox direct and everybody else sent their collections to me and it was paid in to Shelterbox in one go which worked fine.

Shelterbox sent me a receipt on the 7th April saying our box number is 51706. I've just had a look but it's not been put on their website yet. They are out dealing with the earthquake in China at the moment so I think it won't be long before all the boxes that everybody has contributed to on eBid will be needed. Thank you for your support everyone.

Thanks Cornish, that's great. I was a little concerned that people would be put off supporting Looe if they thought it was going to be complicated!

Please folks, just buy and sell and pay for your stuff to your sellers however you wish, it's just how I take the collection in that will be slightly different and will work how Cornish did it, and how we all used to.

I'll collect the money, then pass it on to the RNLI and publish the receipt here - if anybody has any concerns whatsoever about that, feel free to ask questions, check with the RNLI about my credentials, or support some other equally deserving cause if you feel more comfortable doing so.

I'll be promoting the YDC for Looe via my RNLI Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...8620186?ref=ts

For anybody who's not aware, I'm Souvenir Secretary (a volunteer position) for Mevagissey branch of the RNLI in Cornwall (South West Region). Souvenir Secretary is RNLI lingo for shop manager and bod in charge of all the stock sold at fund-raising events and wot not.

This Looe Lifeboat appeal is a local project that's important to many in the South West, hence my choice for this month. I hope you all feel you can support this great cause and make a real difference to the Looe coffers. Thanks!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booksandstuff View Post
    I think the paypal gift option should be fine, provided we put a comment like "YDC charity donation" in the notes box.
    Thanks for that tip

My YDC listings will be, as usual, for E.A.C.H. the East Anglian Childrens' Hospice - my mum's favourite charity before she died.

+ one or two for the R.N.L.I.

I hope you don't mind Kim but, i have 2 YDC auctions so far, but this time i'm going with a charity of my choice, seeing as i'm never ever likely to win the choice, and this charity is really important to me
    Adams Appeal http://adamsappeal.org

Jane

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good for you, Jane. I'll add one to that if you don't mind collecting my pennies for it

Awww that's really kind of you Meebo. I just feel so sorry for the little boy, his parents must feel so helpless.
    I don't mind paying in the money. They have a 'Just giving page' so it won't be a problem.
    And the likely hood of me ever being able to choose the charity of the month is a big fat 0 LOL

Jane

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starlady22 View Post
    I hope you don't mind Kim but, i have 2 YDC auctions so far, but this time i'm going with a charity of my choice, seeing as i'm never ever likely to win the choice, and this charity is really important to me
    Adams Appeal http://adamsappeal.org

Jane
    Of course I don't mind. There are so many excellent causes in the world, we'd never manage to cover them all.

I've never won the YDC before, so this is the first time I've been able to nominate a charity myself, but Borderdoors has very kindly named the RNLI several times, so they've done very well already. That's partly why I wanted to choose a specific project so that people would just think "Oh, the RNLI again" But the nominated charity is only ever a *suggestion* and as I say, so many charities, so little time (to coin a phrase ))

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Why? Or do you just mean the US, where things might work differently? I've bought and sold many times on here with payments both in and out by bank transfer (BACS) with every success.
    I just don't use it. Selected the payment methods I wanted to use, but don't use them all for various reasons.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I just don't use it. Selected the payment methods I wanted to use, but don't use them all for various reasons.
    LOL sorry, when you said "don't use it" I thought it was advice to others, but you just meant "I don't use it". Doh!

Right got some auctions on and starting to warm up my bidding finger !

Thread Information