Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: YDC 76 Announcement Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    IMHO, the proper way to do it would be normal when you pay for your merchandise and as a gift when sending the amount you have collected to the person who is sending the money to the charity. Now who did it tick off with that statement? It's just my opinion.
    This is the only post I have read on this thread from you so it wasn't me.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Found this on page 2. Not good, some will need reminding

Back to the question of how to donate, a bank transfer would be a good idea as these are free, if Kimbo is happy to give her bank details to buyers. Donating via the RNLI site could also be a possibility, but I believe this is subject to a minimum donation.
    See my YDC auctions here

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default YDC76 USA American Heart Association

The selected charity for YDC76 USA is the American Heart Association (AHA). The mission of AHA is to..."Build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke."

They are working towards their mission by providing cutting edge prevention education, advancing quality healthcare and services, promoting innovative research, and advocating policy changes, designed to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities throughout the USA.

The American Heart Association has special programs targeting women, and children. The number one (1) cause of illness and death among American women is cardiovascular disease. A major cause of concern for parents is obesity and sedentary life styles of their children. These lifestyle patterns can position children for early cardiovascular disease and diabetes.

Please support this month's USA selected charity generously from both sides of the pond. Thank you.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Is a donation to a charity an "abuse" of the gift facility???? Surely not....
    Most certainly not,

I thought that was the reason receipts were posted; to substantiate what was gifted to the recipient of the funds for the selected charity. Do not use bank transfers as a payment method for auction related activities.

PayPal gift is free..........and I always make direct donations to the charity (free)..........and post receipt to tally thread. That process seems to work smoothly. I'm sure others have processes that they feel comfortable with, as long as it gets the money to the charity & is validated, that's what counts.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nhoneymonster View Post
    Back to the question of how to donate, a bank transfer would be a good idea as these are free, if Kimbo is happy to give her bank details to buyers. Donating via the RNLI site could also be a possibility, but I believe this is subject to a minimum donation.
    Payments to my bank are fine. Donating via RNLI isn't, for the reasons explained above - it's a specific project I'm collecting for, and if you pay to the RNLI direct it will go in the general pot and Looe will never see it. Clearly if somebody does that, it's not the end of the world and I'm not going to complain, but I'd rather money came to me so that I can direct to this specific and very worthy cause. Thanks

The Just Giving, the PayPal gift and other routes by which payments have been directed straight to the worthy cause or collector are, to my mind, recent diversions. If we just go back a few months I think we get to a situation where A sells items, collects funds, and sends lot to collector B. I'm just thinking of going back to that quite recent and perfectly successful method.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Do not use bank transfers as a payment method for auction related activities.
    Why? Or do you just mean the US, where things might work differently? I've bought and sold many times on here with payments both in and out by bank transfer (BACS) with every success.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

The Just Giving, the PayPal gift and other routes by which payments have been directed straight to the worthy cause or collector are, to my mind, recent diversions. If we just go back a few months I think we get to a situation where A sells items, collects funds, and sends lot to collector B. I'm just thinking of going back to that quite recent and perfectly successful method.
    You don't even have to go back far Kim. That's how it worked for my Shelterbox YDC. I think there were only three that paid to Shelterbox direct and everybody else sent their collections to me and it was paid in to Shelterbox in one go which worked fine.

Shelterbox sent me a receipt on the 7th April saying our box number is 51706. I've just had a look but it's not been put on their website yet. They are out dealing with the earthquake in China at the moment so I think it won't be long before all the boxes that everybody has contributed to on eBid will be needed. Thank you for your support everyone.

I think the paypal gift option should be fine, provided we put a comment like YDC charity donation" in the notes box.

Also combining/minimizing the number of transactions would help. I tend to do free p&p for the YDC and often ask my buyer(s) to send the money directly to the person or charity of the month.

Thread Information