Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Please choose your preferred option

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like YDC to become global (No YDC UK / YDC USA etc)

15 83.33%
  • I would like it to stay as YDC UK / YDC USA

2 11.11%
  • I would like YDC auctions to all have the country in the title even those that are not UK or USA

1 5.56%
  • Other. Please add to thread

0 0%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: YDC UK & USA to end & become global

Question YDC UK & USA to end & become global

Some people have mentioned that having YDC UK & YDC USA has accidentally caused some to feel excluded or made a divide.

As YDC is for raising money and good cause, also fun, I am proposing that YDC is made global once again after the next YDC.

I'll add a poll that will close in just a few days.

An important thing to remember is that sellers can choose what ever good cause they want, this does not have to be the nominated one.

So the idea / plan is to have YDC76 with the 2 chosen charities, and at the end of YDC76 just declare 1 winner from all eBid countries.

I personally feel that YDC being global will help YDC grow more than having YDC UK, YDC USA etc as people from Canada, Oz, NZ, France etc may think that they cannot take part because of the UK or USA being in the title.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel very strongly that the US splitting off its YDC was a mistake and have voted for remaking it as one.

One is good
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I voted global, makes sense to me
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure it was ever made clear why some American eBidders wanted to break-away in the first place? Be nice to get some comments from that side of the pond.

Because dear folks, when we started we threw down the gauntlet and challenged the UK to see who could raise the most money!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

I would like to see it global again with no divisions and nobody feeling left out.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 14th April 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Because dear folks, when we started we threw down the gauntlet and challenged the UK to see who could raise the most money!
    Thanks, I don't remember that, but I can see the point. However, isn't it a bit unrealistic given the difference in numbers? One to resurrect when there are more USA people, and see if there's a will to make it a challenge then?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Thanks, I don't remember that, but I can see the point. However, isn't it a bit unrealistic given the difference in numbers? One to resurrect when there are more USA people, and see if there's a will to make it a challenge then?
    Yes, it was but it was also what made it fun at first. Made way for some good natured sparring with words. I would not care for making it global for the same reason - since there are so few of us, we would probably not have a US winner for some time, unless someone won the T-shirt again. Perhaps the reason some (not me) feel the split is because there are so few of us and really we are just trading stuff back and forth. I'd probably be better off to just send a check to my favorite charity and be done with it. Like I said though I don't feel that way, so it's probably better I keep my mouth shut.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

i really dont know anymore..there seems to be bad feeling/mixed up with raising money for charity..peeps feeling left out..folk who worked hard to keep it going feeling hurt..not my idea anymore of a fun way to help..ill bow out and leave it to others..

Thread Information