43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vonz

17 39.53%
  • Raindropsies

22 51.16%
  • Craig7501

4 9.30%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want to take over the YDC?

I've cast my vote, good luck everyone.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I haven't voted yet as I think there could be a few more contenders out there that might be willing to volunteer. I think the Poll is a great idea but too early to start voting. I'd like to see a few more names up there.
    x
    I haven't voted on the poll either for the same reasons. This link leads to another thread that was started with the question of nominating pm. Possibly too many threads caused misunderstanding.

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=136697&page=3

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Many thanks to the volunteers for taking over the YDC.

As a few have volunteered for the position, to make sure everyone gets a fair and even chance, I am putting it to the vote.

Working from my retirement thread ... http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=136678 the nominations for the position of head / organiser / boss of the YDC are

Vonz
    Raindropsies
    Craig7501

Unless I've missed someone out ......

Good luck everyone.

If the poll isn't showing immediately, please bear with me while I figure out how to set it up
    Thank you Babs, for a job well done. I'll miss working with you.

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

I think I'll leave the voting to your side of the pond. I'm willing and able to work with anyone so it doesn't really matter to me. However, I will say I didn't know we had "Bosses".

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I haven't voted on the poll either for the same reasons. This link leads to another thread that was started with the question of nominating pm. Possibly too many threads caused misunderstanding.

http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=136697&page=3
    Surely whether or not you think the poll has been handled perfectly, the fact is the poll is there and will be used, so if you don't vote you get no say in what happens next?

I said this elsewhere, but since people seem to be confused by the two threads that exist... if Babs had time, energy and enthusiasm for this project, she'd have time, energy and enthusiasm for the YDC and wouldn't need to pass on the baton. She barely had time to launch the March YDC, so it seems unlikely she wants to get into lengthy discussions about what happens next. She's barely been in here for this exercise, has she?

Why not accept the reality of the situation, vote for who takes over next and then approach that new person with suggestions about how everything can be improved? We have some enthusiastic candidates and I'm sure they're looking forward to the challenge of handling all these sorts of issues... they've volunteered after all, so they must have!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Surely whether or not you think the poll has been handled perfectly, the fact is the poll is there and will be used, so if you don't vote you get no say in what happens next?

I said this elsewhere, but since people seem to be confused by the two threads that exist... if Babs had time, energy and enthusiasm for this project, she'd have time, energy and enthusiasm for the YDC and wouldn't need to pass on the baton. She barely had time to launch the March YDC, so it seems unlikely she wants to get into lengthy discussions about what happens next. She's barely been in here for this exercise, has she?

Why not accept the reality of the situation, vote for who takes over next and then approach that new person with suggestions about how everything can be improved? We have some enthusiastic candidates and I'm sure they're looking forward to the challenge of handling all these sorts of issues... they've volunteered after all, so they must have!
    Whilst I agree with what you say here, I think that some will want person a, person b etc to take over babs roll but person a & person b might not want to do so.

I'd rather only take over (if I won the poll) on good feelings, I don't want to tarnish the main points of YDC which is raising money for good causes and having fun in my opinion. I know things can get serious with chocolate and a certain T shirt that I won last time, but it's all done in my opinion in the spirit of YDC.

Back to what I would do if I "took over the reins" would be to run any major ideas (not that I have any yet except 1) past babs, Shezz & Yorkie for their view on it, then based on all 3 views take it from there.
    Ydc is for all, not just the few. Yes I may need a little help to start with (like squidoo as an example) but I do tend to grasp things after 1 or 2 attempts

Forum Diehard
    All-About gramma1111
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    I think I'll leave the voting to your side of the pond. I'm willing and able to work with anyone so it doesn't really matter to me. However, I will say I didn't know we had "Bosses".
    Changed my mind, (a woman's perogitive, ) I voted.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I'd rather only take over (if I won the poll) on good feelings,
    You didn't do anything except say you'd like the job - I can't see anybody having a problem with that. Enthusiasm is an important part of making the YDC work, I think.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post

In reality if I do vote...........I get no say. I have accepted the reality of the situation fully. I have made a personal decision to abstain from the vote. I believe that is a legitimate decision. That does not stop anyone from voting as they choose. Congratulations in advance to whoever the winner is.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    1 idea I have is to tweet a picture of each YDC auction followed by a link back to it on twitter. Thats everyone's YDC auction unless someone request that I don't. Once this is done people can the re-tweet them.

Posted on the correct thread now
    This sounds like a good idea but would we each have to be on twitter to make it work?

Thread Information