5 45.45%
  • Discussions on creationism are not scholarly & not scientifically sound

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Science of Creationism

Default Re: The Science of Creationism

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Evolution is not a theory, it's a fact! The story of evolution is unraveling as science advances.

There are of course theory's within evolution where the facts are not so clear cut and have to be researched over and over until an answer emerges.

Just one example; The gas in your car crushes the creation theory as oil took millions of years to 'CREATE'

No other industry has spent so much understanding the science of oil and where it comes from.

I remember, as a child visiting the Brea Tar Pits, being told by someone there that the tar/oil was from dead dinosaurs. I thought that was very odd, and made no sense to me.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I voted that I don't believe either theory as I don't actually give two hoots about where I might have come from.
    LOL! You and me both; IMHO where we came from is less important than where we're going. Toleration and kindness (within reason) are my religion of choice.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

At my age, I think I'm a little more concerned about where I'm going! If evolution is true, then I guess this is it?
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Virtueandpraise View Post
    I remember, as a child visiting the Brea Tar Pits, being told by someone there that the tar/oil was from dead dinosaurs. I thought that was very odd, and made no sense to me.
    Scientists used to ponder on why so many predators were found in tar pits. The answer was simple because lots of predators became trapped trying to get themselves an easy meal as the tried to reach trapped prey animals. Hence the unusual ratio.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Scientists used to ponder on why so many predators were found in tar pits. The answer was simple because lots of predators became trapped trying to get themselves an easy meal as the tried to reach trapped prey animals. Hence the unusual ratio.
    Wonder if that's why we find so many predators in DC?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    This appears to be a topic that can not easily or objectively be discussed. I was hoping to get some serious and helpful insights concerning this important topic. If anyone has references of scholarly material on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. Also would appreciate if you could take the time to respond to the poll.

Note: You can select multiple answers.
    What do you want references on exactly, natural selection, genetics etc or do you mean evolution v creationism? If it's the later I don't think you'll find much available from the scientific viewpoint.

Be careful, you wouldn't want to get me into bore mode! I spent some time tracking the evolution of various single celled creatures through the rocks of NW Europe in my earlier days. I could go on for some time!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    What do you want references on exactly, natural selection, genetics etc or do you mean evolution v creationism? If it's the later I don't think you'll find much available from the scientific viewpoint.

Be careful, you wouldn't want to get me into bore mode! I spent some time tracking the evolution of various single celled creatures through the rocks of NW Europe in my earlier days. I could go on for some time!
    Hi Kedo, more along the lines of evolutionism vs creationism. Actually, there is a large body of scientific evidence available for the later. I am certainly not an expert on the issue, but there are many scientist who have addressed this issue.

I enjoy detail and do not find it boring, so feel free to expound. I can not promise that I will agree, but what's the difference any way?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by moonwitch
    I voted that I don't believe either theory as I don't actually give two hoots about where I might have come from.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    LOL! You and me both; IMHO where we came from is less important than where we're going. Toleration and kindness (within reason) are my religion of choice.
    Yes, it is more important where we are going. However, each theory does weigh in on the destination though. We all have choice in the matter, what to believe. Justice, fairness, kindness are all admirable traits - particularly when applied to "leaders". I choose relationship over religion , because the later can be so unjust, unfair, and unkind too often.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hi Kedo, more along the lines of evolutionism vs creationism. Actually, there is a large body of scientific evidence available for the later. I am certainly not an expert on the issue, but there are many scientist who have addressed this issue.
    There's a lot that's presented as such. Very little, if any, of it is! I've actually been through a lot of this literature out of interest. Check out my book listings to see some of what I've read (now getting rid of it). I don't think many serious scientists would want to address the issue. It would be a bit like getting involved in an argument over whether the Earth was flat.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have more degrees in theology than in science. For me the very idea that people raise questions about creationism is a curiosity.
    It suggests that people start with what they believe, in this case creationism, and go look for reasons to support it. It would be better to have well educated preachers who know how to read the bible and tell people what it means than to have literalists who have not understood the Bible well enough to interpret its meaning.
    As a Christian I embarassed that that creationists try to say they are right. It is as horrifying as extreme Islam.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information