Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Ninja Lister & Importing Auctions Help

Quote Originally Posted by TroyDevin View Post
    Hello, I am new to Ebid. I have a store on eBay as well. My question is can I list the same items on Ebid and Ebay ? My concern is if I sell the item on eBay will it automatically be removed from Ebid or the other way around?
    Listing the same items on more than one site (unless you hold sufficient stock) is a dangerous game. Sod's Law dictates that, if you have only one of something, eventually two people will buy it.

eBid and eBay to not 'talk' to each other to manage a user's listing - and no reason why they should.

Forum Newbie
    View TroyDevin's Feedback (+409)
    All-About TroyDevin
    View TroyDevin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank You For Your Help.The Only reason I asked is That in the past I used Bidstart And They Would remove items if they sold on there sit or Ebay.I have plenty of stock but dont want to take that risk.Your help was greatly appreciated.

Forum Newbie
    View Amse11's Feedback (+2734)
    All-About Amse11
    View Amse11's Listings
    Forum Posts

PLEASE HELP! I have been trying to use Ninja lister, but my sets and folders keep disappearing everytime I open the program. I saved the backup at the end of each sesson and restore on opening, but it is never as I left it. I even checked the date on the backup so I know it is correct. Am I backing up wrong? I am using the file menu at the top or and selecting yes to backup on closing the application. And now that all my hours of work are gone....how do I get it back. I cannot fiqure out how to download/import my auctions back from ebid. Please advise anyone. Thank you.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Amse11
    View Amse11's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am having a ton of trouble. My backups are not restoring properly. I made sure to save at the end of each session...confirmed the dates/times of the backups yet i still get missing folders, sets, items. Also, what listing do appear fromt he restore are all messed up... for example I made 8 auctions of clother items sizes 1-8 and on opening I have 4 size 5's and 4 size 4's. On originally making these auctions I did copy and paste from those (4's, 5') multiple times and then edit them to the other sizes before saving. I actually created most of my listing using copy and paste and then editing them. Could this be causing the problem? I am getting really frustrated, please advise. I really want to list much but feel like I am wasting my time. What am I doing wrong?

Forum Newbie
    All-About Amse11
    View Amse11's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I have never had it happen, but have heard reports of it happening.

I suspect that the Ninja Lister does not close its data files and write them away to disk until the program terminates. If the program fails to shut down properly (e.g. power failure, reboot, etc.) then those data files could be left in an indeterminate/corrupted state.

If you made a backup on exit, you can restore from that backup from the File menu.

You don't say what operating system you are using, so I can't be specific here. Ninja Lister stores its data files under C:\Documents and Settings\user_account\NinjaLister for Win XP, and C:\Users\user_account\NinjaLister for Win7. The actual listing data is in a file named data.csv. You could look at that and see what is there (if anything).

If no joy with that, I would guess that your only option is to export your listings from eBid - via the export link at the top-left of My eBid > Auctions I'm Running page (http://us.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?mo=account-pending), and import the resultant file into Ninja Lister. This will not recover your Ninja Lister folders and auction sets though - only the listings.
    Thank you. I will try exporting them back and starting over. Ninji lister prompts me as to where to save the file. I have one file I named "Backup" and I keep overwriting this on on closing. The date/time on the files is correct so I know it backs up but I still get missing data folders...sets...etc. I imported some listings from Turbo lister....some folders were there some not....and I created most of my other listing from scratch by copying and pasting and then editing them.... I am using Window 7

Default Listing Charges - Have I missed something

In the past I was a bit dissapointed to find that on importing my listings I had been charged for additional photos.
    There didn't seem to be any indicator in the process that this would happen so I was obviously a bit niffed

What made it worse was I then had to go through & edit all the auctions again, to avoid repeat charges when they auto reposted later on..

I don't know if this has been resolved in later releases as it did seem to be a obvious flaw.??

I've updatd NL & I'm about to import again.
    Am I potentially in for more surprises or should I go through and count all the photos 1st

Ta

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing Charges - Have I missed something

Quote Originally Posted by bestassets View Post
    In the past I was a bit dissapointed to find that on importing my listings I had been charged for additional photos.
    There didn't seem to be any indicator in the process that this would happen so I was obviously a bit niffed

What made it worse was I then had to go through & edit all the auctions again, to avoid repeat charges when they auto reposted later on..

I don't know if this has been resolved in later releases as it did seem to be a obvious flaw.??

I've updatd NL & I'm about to import again.
    Am I potentially in for more surprises or should I go through and count all the photos 1st

Ta
    With a seller+ account I'm unsure why you were charged for extra pics. Did you have more than 5 in your listing and why didn't you query this with support@ebid.net?

Why keep importing? Why not just relist from your My eBid/closed auctions?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Hi
    Yes there were more than 5 on some listings, but I didn't realise (- there were several hundred listings in all) until I checked my invoice....

I did post in the forum at the time but no response for the few days I monitored it afterwards.. - I could look back at that I suppose & see if anything happened..

I didn't contact support as I put it down to experience but thought it might get picked up from the forum

Can't relist from closed as many of my listing have lapsed - they eventually expire from closed..
    As you can see I haven't been too busy on here last few months..

Also new batch of stuff to import..

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes there were more than 5 on some listings, but I didn't realise (- there were several hundred listings in all) until I checked my invoice....

remember that 5 pics are allowed FOC for seller+ members

I did post in the forum at the time but no response for the few days I monitored it afterwards.. - I could look back at that I suppose & see if anything happened..

I didn't see/can't remember your original post.

I didn't contact support as I put it down to experience but thought it might get picked up from the forum

If you ever have a query regarding your invoice please contact support. They are human afterall and like every member of eBid, sometimes make a mistake.

Can't relist from closed as many of my listing have lapsed - they eventually expire from closed..

For eBid to work for you and many others there is no point in listing and then forgetting your auctions - sometimes called dump and run sellers. Did you try promoting in the Plug your auctions thread?

As you can see I haven't been too busy on here last few months..

Your loss

Also new batch of stuff to import..

So, get importing and remember to plug your auctions.

Good luck but please remember to make your prices less than Ebay. Also remember to let your buyers know you are now selling on eBid at LOWER prices - you don't have the substantial fees on eBid.

I hope my answers help. If you have any other queries then please let us know in the correct forum as this one is specific to Ninja Lister.

PS - I'm not sure if you do this but it's not always a good idea to put your listings on RUS (run until sold). They will always stay at the bottom of each category you use so potential buyers may not see them or decide to ignore them.
    Last edited by Gill; 8th August 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: PS added
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

DOH!

Has anyone an actual answer to my question??

... about NL glitch (on a NL thread..!)

Thread Information