Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Fender Skirts

View Scrybe's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Scrybe
    View Scrybe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Fender Skirts

How does one identify vintage automobile fender skirts? I have 2 pair but do not know which car they fit. They would be ideal for someone rebuilding a car or finishing a restoration.

typically automotive parts.. especially older ones , if genuine will have manufacturer's part numbers stamped somewhere on them (typically along a seam where they are to be bolted/welded to the car frame) and may , in some cases, even have a logo pained on an inner side(but likely it gets painted over later) - but usually a part can be identified from the part number .. and measurements might help too .. photos would help most of all .. haha
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the UK we call these wheel spats.Amongst others,some older jaguars used them.

Are you talkin' mud flaps? Go behind wheel attached to wheel well to prevent gravel mud, etc from flying up and hitting the guy behind you?

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Are you talkin' mud flaps? Go behind wheel attached to wheel well to prevent gravel mud, etc from flying up and hitting the guy behind you?
    Nah- Fender skirts .. like , Oh for example, an old 1957-ish Cadillac with the half round panels that fit in the wheel wells and match the body line.. (you have to remove them to change the tire..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

I got ya, not the black things with the ladies or Tazmanian devils on them, the top enclosure for the old fashioned wheel well. Thanks!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

They're not all old fashioned,some of the big citroens used to have them.I had a 53 Jaguar Mk7 that had them,as well,you used to have to open the back door and undo a big screw head.
    They were usually full of mud so changing a wheel meant you got covered in it.

Thread Information