We get quite a few people asking questions that are obvious to some people who've been here a while but aren't obvious to the newcomer.
For this reason we're offering to let anyone create their own HTV (How To Videos) to help newcomers get to know each nook and cranny of the site. These will be simple screencasts where you choose an area of your monitor and record the activity. Heres an example of a simple screencast. You can add voiceover if you wish.
For example, create an HTV for listing an auction, or maybe one specifically describing how to start a RUS or OFB? How to send an invoice. How to search for keywords etc.
We'll let you decide which aspects of the site you want to focus on.
Here are the technicals.
- Download Jing . This allows you to capture your screen activity and show others what you are typing and what you are clicking etc. Only submissions using Jing will be accepted.
- Set your browser just so the horizontal scroll bar disappears. No wider.
- Capture Video. Not images.
- Save the video, do not upload it.
- No longer than 3 minutes per video.
- No shorter than 10 seconds per video.
- We'll pay you £5 or $8 per minute of video.
- Narration is not required but we would prefer everyone to make the effort if possible.
- Anyone sending in videos should send us a request for payment on the 3rd of the month in the form of an invoice addressed to eBid Ltd.
- We do not guarantee acceptance but probably will.
Checklist. Please follow, we can't accept videos not adhering.
- choose a title for your HTV starting with "How to". eg. "How to use the populate options".
- choose which FAQ section (1 to 10) it fits into.
- save swf/mp4 file with a filename the same as the title with underscores for spaces, add your username and faq catgory. eg. how_to_leave_feedback_nancy99_7.swf
- zip the swf file.
- email to support at ebid.net.
- with "HTV Submission" in the title of your email.
- Accepted videos will get a reply with "Thankyou"
Good Luck all