My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tapes do sell here

Exclamation Tapes do sell here

I only started selling tapes 3-4 months ish ago.

I have now sold over 50 on here, yes they may be at "silly" prices but I'm happy with the price they sell for.

Two buyers have asked me in the past (the latest one was today) if i know of any others that have a range of tapes that they can list.

Well if you do it might be an idea to list them, postage is not a big put off like I thought it would be and I've sold them to 6 different countries now.

I know this could look like I'm trying to get more competition, and in a way I am but as there are thousands and thousands of different tapes that have been released it's a chance I will take.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Since you've raised the silly prices thing, can I ask? Is it really worth it? If you sold all 266 tapes you have listed, you'd make less than thirty quid. Isn't that a lot of work for that size of return?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Since you've raised the silly prices thing, can I ask? Is it really worth it? If you sold all 266 tapes you have listed, you'd make less than thirty quid. Isn't that a lot of work for that size of return?
    No

Simply because I don't list them in great detail, all have a bog standard description with 2 photos and a grade on the case. Generally i can get 50 listed+ an hour so thats £5.00 an hour. Now given that each tape makes a substantial % profit I'm happy. It also gets buyers to buy other items at the same time 50% of the time

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see, ta muchly.

I've got about 100 cassettes for sale in my Disc & Tape Emporium ranging from jazz, country, sacred and pop. Not great sellers but every so often I sell the odd one or two and I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    No

Simply because I don't list them in great detail, all have a bog standard description with 2 photos and a grade on the case. Generally i can get 50 listed+ an hour so thats £5.00 an hour. Now given that each tape makes a substantial % profit I'm happy. It also gets buyers to buy other items at the same time 50% of the time

Great to hear another success story. Very clever. By selling those 50+ less expensive items you made a bit of a profit, sold a few higher priced items, and some of those people will be back to buy again too.

Good clear statement about the shipping discount. Buyers are not mind readers, they need it spelled out if a seller is offering a discount. If a seller is too vague, buyers pass them by.

Principle can work for anyone. If new sellers don't want to sell their high end things at discount, they can easily pick up items around house or at local auctions. Well worth the time spent to lure in more shoppers.

Similiar idea if sales are slow is to stock lower priced similiar items to your speciality items, and offer multiple discount. i.e. jewelry sales slow, start selling $3 earrings with reduced shipping. Volume discount. By selling 50+ you gain 50 customers who see your quality is good, you treat customers well, and that you have beautiful higher end things too.

Well done. And another myth (nothing sells here) is laid to rest.

Thread Information