Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My addiction.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default My addiction.

I could swear - I really could. People might think this its' funny, but I've got to get it off my chest anyway.

Sometimes I really hate this addiction. It's just as bad as any chemical addiction - (drink, drugs, smoking - etc.) But people think your just making excuses if you say you are addicted to records.

"Oh right. Just want to have an excuse for spending money on yourself - That's not an addiction. That's just being selfish"

and maybe it is. I know that when a new record arrives, I get the same buzz as if I'd had a drink, then feel guilty - But will I sell that new gem? - No way jose!

Even now. 2-3 minutes ago, browsing through Soulbro45's list I could see a couple of records that I just have to have...... I don't even know one of them, I just know I need it. - NO, I'M NOT BIDDING. I stopped myself, because I know how easily I can swallow a couple of hundred pounds on a very small stack of discs.

Well - I feel better for writing it..... Now you know partially where the CRAZY part of my name comes from.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I enjoy getting my parcels delivered. And during a strike I get withdrawal symptoms. so you are not alone. (how is the writing doing?)

I think most craft fans would sympathise - I know I have more patchwork fabric, books and tools ; cross stitch magazines, charts and kits; knitting wool and patterns; beads and craft books etc than I could ever use in my lifetime - but that doesn't stop me buying more especially if it is something offered at a "bargain" price!!

Don't worry Jay, you are not alone. Vinyl has been in my blood since I was 4, and i'm 55 now.

I don't buy much for myself these days but I cannot go a day without listening to some music or indeed reading a book.

Our house, shed, garage and attic are bursting with both books and records, CDs etc and only a small proportion of these are to sell !!

Don't buy many singles these days as it's hard to find ones I don't have, not without paying dealer prices, but I still buy between 5 to 30 cd's a week.

I have even stopped buying two each time so that I have a spare, just incase anything happens to one of them (sad I know)

But if I face up to the reality I have so many singles Cd's and Dvd's That I will never be able to listen and watch them all in my lifetime.

Which is why I've started getting rid of all my doubles and films that i'll don't want and can live without (Just).

I to can't go a day without listen to music at some stage and often fall asleep listening to one of my mp3 players (getting a 16mb for Christmas) Aslo have 3 different stereo systems to play it all on.

Think it's fair to say i'm addicted.
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Thread Information