Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi i am new here help

Talking hi i am new here help

i been a fee bay seller for years and basicly fed up with their cottling up to the buyers ,no questions ask policy and they protect the scammers
    but why i need help is i do alot of yard sale collectables ,video game systems ,radios pretty much what ever i can find
    i would really love it if some one here on ebid that has been sucessful in selling this type of stuff ,let me know how you have been doing and any helpful hints you may care to share
    i hope that the more type of seller like us will start getting noticed and perhaps we can drop freebay for good and make a living here
    also if no one has been able to sell let me know that too
    thanks jimc126

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there!
    I can't help you out on your query as I have no knowledge of such items.

What I wanted to alert you to was your 2 auctions. They contradict your descriptions.

On both you state you do not ship via UPS but Fedex - yet, in your shipping area you are charging UPS ground rates.

Am I missing something here?

x

hi ,i do not see that ebid uses fedex and usp would be the closest in price comparison and also on foriegn i would have to use the usps service as they would the cheapest and easiest
    but at least this way the buyer would know his or hers cost
    thanks

I suspect our main store has items similar to what you're describing. We inherited a ton of stuff, sorted it out, kept the things that had sentimental value or one of us just wanted. We gave a lot of it to local thrift shops, and listed the items we think may sell. We had very good results on GreedBay, and we are starting to get sales here. Sometimes totally unexpected, you just never know what someone is looking for.

I would advise you to list them. Be aware, an item may sit for a long time before the right buyer comes along. That's the big disadvantage in selling collectibles. On the other hand, it doesn't cost us a fortune to keep them listed, and one-of-a-kind items attract collectors. Once they get here, they may just look around at other auctions.

thanks i will check out your stuff perhaps watch a few of them ,i really want to be able to drop ebay as you damn need to be a laywer to sell there anymore ,really took the fun out of it

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also probably sell a lot of what you may have. I find toys sell very well here and I sell daily, especially this month! Glassware moves a little slower, but it does sell. You need patience with this site, but you will sell if you have a large variety of items.
    I see you do not have "buy now" on your items. You should add a buy now price and that will put your items in Google Shopping.

i never heard of google shopping i assume that is a payment methode ,is it easy to use ? thanks

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimc126 View Post
    i never heard of google shopping i assume that is a payment methode ,is it easy to use ? thanks
    Google Shopping is what used to be called Froogle. If you go to the Google website and click the link at the top that says "shopping" you will see items available from many websites including eBid. Its a massive search engine of items for sale online. If an item has a "buy now" option it is uploaded to this site. Google also has a checkout system for credit cards that is easy to use and can be used here on eBid, but you don't have to use their checkout system to be included in the Google Shopping database.

thanks i will give trhat a try and list a few more things later today

Hello and welcome. The only suggestion I have if you start auctions at a dollar make sure you put a reserve on them. Unless you are happy to sell them for that price. The traffic is not the same as on "feebay" and not very often bidding wars happen. Not yet anyway. I just start mine at the lowest price I can accept. That way if I only get one bid, the bidder gets their item and everyone is happy. I've bid on stuff before and not won it because there was a reserve and no one else bid. Goodluck with your buying and selling.

Thread Information