My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Vinyl Selling - How does this actually work

Talking Vinyl Selling - How does this actually work

I've been on this thread before, hinting I might, but still not persuaded nyself to actually list anything.

End of last year I aquired over 200 more 7" which, but even though some are duplicates or I've now decided I didn't like them anyway I still haven't listed any.

I've just aquired over 1000 singles in the last 24 hours - impulse buy. They are a real mixed bag & it will take me forever to work out what I axtualy got, but I know already there are a few goodies in there but, pardon my "cockeney slang", also a load of "Gladys Night"

That last statement is possibly about my taste in music, more than anything else, so Weh Hey to Inspiral Carpets & the like & Yah Boo to the Bay City Rollers etc..

Unfortunately there are a number without sleeves or scribbled on card sleeves, although in many cases the vinyl itself is vg. If I was to try & dispose of these I'd just use the available sleeves 1st, but does anyone ever sell without? I'd consider getting some sleeves if this seen as added value?

Personally I don't mind how I aquire the stuff, as it's generally the music that I'm interested in. The rest is a bonus

I'm sure I'll be back ( especially if I find that gem - if only to brag )
    .. or even to announce I've listed a few speculative items

Tony

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wouldn't list without a cover, I purchased some new white paper covers very cheap.
    For the ones I had without covers or damaged covers,mind send the old cover with a new one if its a rare cover or unusual.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Cool

I can solve this no probs. The thing to do is get a bunch of paper bags and store them in the bags. Write the details on the front and sort them into some order. Get a few generic sleeves from soundswholesale. When you sell one of the 7s take it out of the paper bag and put it in the generic sleeve before you send it. Problem solved. You don't want to be listing records without sleeves at all, not many people will have spares.

Sorted.

covers33 is where I get my replacement sleeves from

Forum Lurker
    View bitzunbobz's Feedback (+1046)
    All-About bitzunbobz
    View bitzunbobz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ive used covers33 before. What I do on here and my website is if I have a tattered or written on sleeve, take a pic using a brand new plain sleeve and then store them in the crappy sleeves until sold and get a new sleeve then. Similar to DoubleHappinessRecords solution in fact.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I certainly wouldn't sell records without sleeves. It's just wrong. I have a load of plain white sleeves so that if a sleeve is not suitable it can be replaced - otherwise it stays in it's original sleeve.

I did buy one batch of records which came without sleeves, and although each record was separated by a sheet of kitchen paper,a nd the vinyl actually arrived in very good condition - the appearence didn't do them justice.

I often don't include a sleee in the photograph, trying to give the maximum impact to the label. Nor do a I factor in a company sleeve when I work out price, unless there is somethign about that sleeve that makes it a bit special.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Thread Information