Thread: New to ebid

Forum Newbie
    Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View melsim's Feedback (+3)
    All-About melsim
    View melsim's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New to ebid

Hi there i have been using ebay for many years now and i am looking to use this site as i was reccomended. I tried before and nothing was shifting, has it changed, is ebid getting bigger.

Also i just purchased off someone, and didnt realise he had no feedback, i have paid for this item, is it safe

cheers

Hi Melsim
    Welcome to ebid, First of fill in your about me page, let everyone know about you what your selling. Get some links for your items sorted so that everyone can have a nose, visit the Kitchen table forum where there are some useful threads and links on help to add banners selling info etc.

Check out Raindrospies2 and bykimbo about me pages they both have helpful information if I remember correctly.

As for 0 feedback everyone has to start somewhere, even you had 0 feeback at one time or another, a lot of other people are coming over from the otherside as well

It was original about 3 months before I sold something and only after I started following the advice from everyone at the Kitchen table. Now I have more repeat buyers then I ever had over the otherside.

IN short:

1. Fill in your about me page
    2. Get your Banners and links sorted so people can have a nose when you post
    3. Buy some low price items to get your own feedback started
    4. list as many items as you can, (more you have listed more chance you have of a sale)
    5. Have a quick read of the rules so you don't fall foul of them
    6. To have your questions answered more quickly and for more intelligent replies then mine post on the Kitchen table (their lovely)
    7. don't be afraid to ask for help, this ain't like over there, people will only offer help and advice, without making you feell unwanted or a muppet

Once again a very warm welcome and happy selling
    P.S
    Any records
    Last edited by Santa45; 20th March 2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Hi and welcome to E-Bid. Compared to E-bay.....it is VERY SLOW GOING here.

Smile

As always, it depends on what you sell and how you sell it. Ask for help and you will get a personal analysis from people who are selling right now.

Sure the economy is in the dumps but it will improve. You must make sure that you:

1. have polished titles, descriptions, etc
    2. have a variety of items and prices to sell
    3. have a good strong bio page
    4. pick up the approx. 20 tips these forums have suggested to increase your sales
    5. BROUGHT YOUR PAST CUSTOMERS WITH YOU!!

When the economy does pick up, you want your items and stores ready to sell competitively. Do not wait for six months and still be wondering why you are not selling. Take the time now to polish and tweek so that you are set to go when money loosens up. It might take finding related products, lower prices, etc, but make no mistake, it does take hard work to sell in these times.

Good luck, if you need any help, just ask!

Forum Newbie
    All-About kpdeals
    View kpdeals's Listings
    Forum Posts

welcome. It's slow, but at least there are no fees for relisting the same item!

Our sales on GreedBay had dropped to zero during the last two months we were there. So, even though sales are slow here, they're better. It's the best site we could find for collectibles, and we're satisfied. Plus, it doesn't cost us $100 a month to list our items.

The site is growing, we've only been here a few months and the number of listings is up a lot since we joined (in spite of the pesky buyers who keep cutting down on the listing count).

As for the zero feedback . . . my first purchase here was from a seller with zero feedback. Check the "All About the Seller" page, see what they say. If they've just moved here from GreedBay, and what they say about themselves sounds good, I would go ahead and take a chance.

Yes I was surprised to see that feebay was way down too. I went in to price some sheet music and was shocked to see feebay only has a small percentage of what they used to carry (and they did not have any of the pieces I was looking up, another first).

Feebay has dropped from 100 million auctiona a day to 24 million (powersellersunite.com), so that plus the high fees are driving people away in droves. Hurray!!

Remember to bring your good customers over with you to ebid!!

Thread Information