My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost a disaster.

so for someone that does not have a clue, and is generally guided by "RRP" with a discount, how do you work out what the approx value is on these so called "collections"?

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    LOL

Well if I have the 15th copy of what youre looking for, you can tell me how to wrap it and post it and everyones happy

After anything to do with Glasvegas at the moment, So if you have anything now's the time to list while I have Money to spend.
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

so for someone that does not have a clue, and is generally guided by "RRP" with a discount, how do you work out what the approx value is on these so called "collections"?

All collector's and dealer's usually go by The Record Collector know in the trade as The Bible, Basicly every record Vauled at £4 and over is in it.

Bare in mind that these prices are for mint items and that nothing is ever really mint, not even fresh off the press

At the end of the day a record is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, not matter what anyone or any guide says. Always check other sellers, it gives you a rough idea what everything goes for.

And ask there are many good sellers (me included) who would be willing to check a record out for you

Good luck and getting listing that vinyl you've got our interest and hopes raised now
    Welcome to Wonderland

SantasWonderland DVD Grotto

SantasWonderland Vinyl & CD Grotto

All round entertainment, not just for Christmas

Join EBID now and join in all the fun yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Santa45 View Post
    All collector's and dealer's usually go by The Record Collector know in the trade as The Bible, Basicly every record Vauled at £4 and over is in it.

Bare in mind that these prices are for mint items and that nothing is ever really mint, not even fresh off the press

At the end of the day a record is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, not matter what anyone or any guide says. Always check other sellers, it gives you a rough idea what everything goes for.

And ask there are many good sellers (me included) who would be willing to check a record out for you

Good luck and getting listing that vinyl you've got our interest and hopes raised now
    I havent got loads, but what I have kept I obviously kept for a reason so I add that to my list of "to list" LOL

It sits at the top of my stairs in record boxes, I even bought a USB player so I could play it once in a while, but its just never happened!

I shall go take a look at this site first and foremost to see if Ive got anything *worth* listing - will probly be my best start.

Thanks Mr Christmas

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Not just record collecting...

any craft person will tell you that its the collecting of the 'stash' is more important than using it. Thats why crafters have cupboards full of the stuff. and need extra lifetimes to use it.

and if they do sell some, the proceeds go straight on more of the stuff.

Its embroidery threads for me...I love speciality threads and buy them, love the feel and the look of them, but can never bring myself to use them...
    Last year I had to move my sewing/knitting/etc bits and pieces to a smaller room. so a lot of things were packed into boxes and are in Inlaws garage. I am still surprised as to how many boxes there are of knitting yarn, and then the fabrics (I still have a cupboard full) Using this all up could kit out the people around the Kitchen table with at least 1 new garment each. and then there are all the other craft items I just had to have.....

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think its time I stopped listing items I have for sale, and started listing my vinyls, cds and cassettes that I never ever play!

Sylv - I have my own collection too - its called "dust" hehe
    I have a group of friends and we chat with each other by using a Yahoo group...we are all SODs ( Sisters Of Dust) and the one rule we have is that we are not allowed to mention doing H***sework, or to admit we do H**sework...or anything like it.
    My email sig is ' Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

So I am officially a S*D

I bet your collection of dust isn't as big as mine
    Last edited by stitchysyl; 10th March 2009 at 11:19 PM.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Last year I had to move my sewing/knitting/etc bits and pieces to a smaller room. so a lot of things were packed into boxes and are in Inlaws garage. I am still surprised as to how many boxes there are of knitting yarn, and then the fabrics (I still have a cupboard full) Using this all up could kit out the people around the Kitchen table with at least 1 new garment each. and then there are all the other craft items I just had to have.....

I have a pile of fabric bought especially to make some clothes for myself...I can just about remember when the fabric and designs were fashionable...(gosh! what a memory!!!)

I havent got loads, but what I have kept I obviously kept for a reason so I add that to my list of "to list" LOL

It sits at the top of my stairs in record boxes, I even bought a USB player so I could play it once in a while, but its just never happened!

I shall go take a look at this site first and foremost to see if Ive got anything *worth* listing - will probly be my best start.

Thanks Mr Christmas

Hi Phan, as all the others have said, vinyl collecting, indeed music collecting is very much an obsession, and a lifetime one, I started when I was around 5 so have had something like 50 years at it. Strangely I have parted with a huge amount of my stuff, it helped pay deposit on my house 27 years ago !!

If you do list you records then you might like to join in with our little vinyl sellers group. Take a look at this thread and see what I mean.

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=121177

Best of luck with your selling.

Mel

Thanks Mel - Im sure Ill be calling in the experts when the time comes

Thread Information