Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I wanna move over.

Forum Newbie
    All-About GuitarBuddiesUK
    View GuitarBuddiesUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I wanna move over.

Hi I've been selling guitar accessories on Feebay for some time but I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the way Feebay does business.. It is now at the point that when you type a search you always get diverted to power seller items instead of the old way of fair service they seem to be forgetting that smaller sellers are paying the same fees as PS's. but now it is at the point where the only way to survive would be to increase my prices but buyer go to ebay for bargains and that's what they get from me at the moment as I sell stuff as a hobby using the profits to buy more stock.

So anyway I am looking for an auction site that has good turnaround, but after posting up my auctions and paying to register with sites I have never managed to sell a thing outside of ebay???????????????

I found Amazon and Craig's list virtually useless.

No wonder Feebay get away with hiking thier prices

I am gonna keep listing here for a while but if I can't find a place where I can sell my stuff I think I will just close up shop.

Cheers Bill

I moved from the other site as well, with having to pay the listing fees and final value fees it was just too expensive. Sales are slower here but at least you're not having to pay fees even when you don't sell anything.
    See my YDC auctions here

True, I swear I was paying 20%+ over there which added up to hundreds of dollars a month. And like you said, no relisting fees here so you can fully stock your store with 4000+ items and not pay a cent until you sell (i.e. gallery = 2%).

Did you notice the extra features cost less here too? Bold, extra category, etc are just a fraction of what they are over there (extra category is 5 cents here, $1 over there). That adds up.

Another great thing is the order your stuff appears in is only governed by the status (i.e. length of auction, run until sold,etc). Not by how much you sell, your feedback status, etc. You needed a math PhD to figure out where you stuff would show up on the lists. Here it goes just by your selection. If you pick an auction, as the days expire, your item moves up the list until it hits the top. And you can select featured to put it right on top of list, and you pay nothing when it sells!

Feedback, whole other issue! Everyone, buyer and seller, can give ANY kind of feedback AND it is reversable! How fair is that?

Traffic is picking up significantly, especially with the google searches picking up our items (check to make sure your stuff is showing up). If you find that your are not getting sales within 2 weeks, come back and ask for help. There are certain tricks to selling here. Once you tweek your listings, the sales will come.

Good luck.

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarBuddiesUK View Post
    .... as I sell stuff as a hobby using the profits to buy more stock.

Cheers Bill
    The thing is, as you are buying items to sell on you are in law deemed to be a business and should be registered as such.

Thread Information