eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 187 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

I forgot ask; did any of you get your listings done yet?

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

oops also forgot; Keep me in prayer;

I was waiting for a grant for 2 months and finally got someone to look into why it took so long; found out the application was filled in wrong and no one mentioned it to me. The grant was to help with clothing stock I needed so I wouldn't have to wait much longer saving up for it; I don't mind saving for it but I would have searched other avenues at the time if I'd known;

with that said; I'm just remembering that when one door closes, another one opens; this time with limitless opportunies and with many prosperous choices.

I've come to far and been through too much to give up now; I also thank God daily for what I do have and won't concentrate on what I don't have; He's always seen me through and He's not a man that He should lie; He is faithful to complete what He started and He will never see HIs seed begging bread!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    LOL... apennyforluck; you're too much
    burgyeb; we want the best for our kids don't we; hopefully he will get into a job setting or social setting where he wouldn't be as reclusive; does he do well on the online markets?
    My son will start work in september; we celebrated by watching a dvd and some popcorn; [i really need to get out more]; but I tell you what; spending that time with him and his girlfriend was priceless; we really enjoyed that time together and I will cherish it always
    My son does well in that area; he seems to have a natural inclination & talent for it. But I'm his mother & concerned with his social well being also. My son never was the conventional work/job type. When he came out of high school he did not go to work or to college,but he started his own business. He is an entrepreneurial type. But this allows him to be reclusive. He seems to be able to work the markets in bad as well as good times. I try to tap into his alma mater but he won't talk. Just says "whatever". I'm glad for your son,I know it makes you happy as a mother.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did quite a bit of listing in my antique/collectible store, check it out. I have much more to do. I have a large inventory of vintage, collectibles, & antiques from when I had an outlet unit (storefront). My son managed the unit for me after I did all the structuring of the business. I didn't like sitting put in a store. So he sold my items for me & I allowed him to sell his own product line in exchange.

Oh yeh! By the way I'm a former grant writer. Grant writing is an ongoing process. If it doesn't go right for whatever reason, you just do it again. Even when everything is done so called right, you often have to do it again and again because the competition is always present. Not competition in a bad sense, just the reality of grant writing & seeking of resources. It's never a one shot deal,but an ongoing process. I only seem to want to do grants if I have a passion about a cause; sickens me if I feel I'm involved just to generate revenue. I never try to drum up involvement in that area, because my heart just won't go there.

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

'He is an entrepreneurial type' A sign of true genious! He's not the run of the mill guy that will just do, he will make things happen and he'll be able to reap those benefits when the time is right

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I did quite a bit of listing in my antique/collectible store, check it out. I have much more to do. I have a large inventory of vintage, collectibles, & antiques from when I had an outlet unit (storefront). My son managed the unit for me after I did all the structuring of the business. I didn't like sitting put in a store. So he sold my items for me & I allowed him to sell his own product line in exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post

I will check it out; you and your son seem to have been a good team

Oh yeh! By the way I'm a former grant writer. Grant writing is an ongoing process. If it doesn't go right for whatever reason, you just do it again. Even when everything is done so called right, you often have to do it again and again because the competition is always present. Not competition in a bad sense, just the reality of grant writing & seeking of resources. It's never a one shot deal,but an ongoing process. I only seem to want to do grants if I have a passion about a cause; sickens me if I feel I'm involved just to generate revenue. I never try to drum up involvement in that area, because my heart just won't go there.
    Isn't that something, I don't think I've ever met a grant writer online; thank you for your encouragement; there are so many opportunities and avenues to explore; I'm so grateful to be shown how to do my business plan and have to admit, it looks pretty good; had great help with local government branch and they will help me get to the next step... I'm really excited about it
    Last edited by sofiag1964; 24th August 2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: mispelling

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

No, will definately get listing next week and Thankyou lord for my many blessings ( winning the lottery was'nt one of them ) but that comes low on my list of priorities

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Sofia for your kind words about my son. You know, I think we would all be suprised to know about some of the backgrounds and experiences of the people we chat with all the time on Ebid. I sense there is an absolute wealth of untapped talent all around us (I thank God for that). Sofia you sound like an entrepreneurial type also. :-)

Penny291, I hope to get busy list this coming week also. Time & motivation is what I need. Praying for God to provide me with both.

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bit despondant at the beginning of the week, thought the aliens had nicked all my buyers but more happy now, had two BIN sales overnight, and two bids, one which has sold, am now motivated to list more, which will do tonight.
    Gods blessings on you all

Forum Master
    All-About sofiag1964
    Forum Posts

HI Burgyeb! You're so right about untapped talent... I see it in people all too often don't get noticed by the ones who can help promote them or guide them through

I once heard a homeless person singing from the side of a building at the bus station where I grew up in Connecticut; he sounded like an angel.. he was singing 'everything will be alright'; I needed that at the time and never saw him again; hmm angels among us?!

Fantastic penny on the buy now's and bids; it's encouraging isn't it?!!! good for you! list away girl!!

I had a market stall yesterday in a local town hall; met the loveliest people, got some tips and advice... as I was unpacking the bits of clothing I have left from my last mass shopping of stock, I came across 3 pairs of petite stretch trousers... I thought they were sold already!! So, I put them up and a few hours later a bubbly lovely petite woman bought them AND one of my tops! whoa!! I couldn't thank God enough for that blessing! Then, someone bought the 2nd pair of trousers not too long ago today right here on ebid!! woo hoooooooooooo now, you know I gotta list some more goodies!!

I have a strong love for ebid and want every seller to prosper and many buyers to know there are fab sellers and awsome items to buy.... we can keep ebid in prayer and I'm sure the floodgates of prosperity will flow mightily on ebid for everyone.

Gotta go take those trousers off my website before someone buys it... God bless!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penny291 View Post
    Bit despondant at the beginning of the week, thought the aliens had nicked all my buyers but more happy now, had two BIN sales overnight, and two bids, one which has sold, am now motivated to list more, which will do tonight.
    Gods blessings on you all
    Congrats penny291 & many more............................... !

Congrats to you also Sofia; & many more for you also... !

I made 5 bin sales & have 2 with bids! So yes things are picking up!

I'm sensing that things will be picking up more for more ebidders as we go into the fall & holiday seasons. Thank God!

Many Ebidders need to be encouraged about their selling & buying on Ebid & I do believe we will be moving in that direction.

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information