Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read your postings and am blessed by them but seldom take time to respond. Thank you for your kind words and I will try to participate more.

I feel like I know the regulars on here personally.

I would like to ask you to pray for my husband and I as you think of us. His father passed away at age 90 in August and we have been trying to get everything cleaned up ever since. It took my sister-in-law and myself with the help of daughters 12 days to get the house cleared out. We have been working or 3 barns, sheds, garage, shop and around the farm getting everything ready for an auction this Saturday. It has been a very stressful time, sorting and making decisions-----and we aren't young either! Anyway please pray that the stress will not be too much for my husband (Garry) as most of the decision making has fallen to him and there will be more to do in the next month or so.

God bless all of you!

In God's Love, Linda

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I read your postings and am blessed by them but seldom take time to respond. Thank you for your kind words and I will try to participate more.

I feel like I know the regulars on here personally.

I would like to ask you to pray for my husband and I as you think of us. His father passed away at age 90 in August and we have been trying to get everything cleaned up ever since. It took my sister-in-law and myself with the help of daughters 12 days to get the house cleared out. We have been working or 3 barns, sheds, garage, shop and around the farm getting everything ready for an auction this Saturday. It has been a very stressful time, sorting and making decisions-----and we aren't young either! Anyway please pray that the stress will not be too much for my husband (Garry) as most of the decision making has fallen to him and there will be more to do in the next month or so.

God bless all of you!

In God's Love, Linda
    Hi Linda,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Father-in-law and I will be praying for you all as you struggle through this and I am sure others will be praying too.

I know we must give them up sometime but it never seems like the right time and taking care of what has been left behind is not an easy task. Having been through it with the loss of my mother-in-law and my mother in the past I can feel for what you are both going through.

We don't want to forget Sofia's family in the loss of her nephew either. Thank you all for the support you give me from this thread too.

Love and Prayers,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Afternoon To All (Sophia, Peggy, Linda, & All Readers):

Sophia: was good to see your sense of humor @ work......... "for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Will continue praying that God's peace will continue to strengthen you and your family, in your time of loss.

Peggy: Thank you for your posts; they always encourage, uplift, and help to build my faith and that of other participants in this thread.

Linda: You do know the regulars personally as we all share a connecting bond through Jesus Christ. I will be joining my prayers with others here for your husband & you as you go about trying to deal with the estate of your husband's father. He was blessed to have made 90 years of age.

I lost my mother in February of this year, she was 89 years & 10 months old. I was her primary care giver, in her home, for about 18 months. I've been cleaning & clearing out certain things in spurts (as I have to). It is somewhat painful, in a strangely shielded way, each time I deal with another level of clearing things. It's as if God is letting me do what I am able to handle. The last set of items I dealt with gave me insight into my mother that I never had, although I thought I knew her. It had to do with my mother's relationship with family, her relationship with God, and my relationship to my mother as a daughter and a prayer partner. I saw a brief glismp of my mother's grief; a grief that was never visible to me or any of my family (I don't believe). It was an unspeakable grief, that was covered by "faith, generosity of spirit, optimism, kindness, strength, fortitude, courage, tolerance for others, love of diversity, and most of all an outrageous sense of humor. When I saw it, I was in awe. This happened about 8 months after my mother passed away. I don't think I could have endured it if I had seen it sooner. It was a gift from God. He shielded me until I could see it.

I will pray for the peace of your husband & you, but I would also recommend a pacing of your activities. Be gentle with yourselves, don't go faster than you are able to bear. May the peace of God surround you, your husband, and your family; and may the Holy Spirit guide you as you complete your work.

God's blessings To All

~Ava~

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Good Afternoon To All (Sophia, Peggy, Linda, & All Readers):

Sophia: was good to see your sense of humor @ work......... "for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Will continue praying that God's peace will continue to strengthen you and your family, in your time of loss.

Peggy: Thank you for your posts; they always encourage, uplift, and help to build my faith and that of other participants in this thread.

Linda: You do know the regulars personally as we all share a connecting bond through Jesus Christ. I will be joining my prayers with others here for your husband & you as you go about trying to deal with the estate of your husband's father. He was blessed to have made 90 years of age.

I lost my mother in February of this year, she was 89 years & 10 months old. I was her primary care giver, in her home, for about 18 months. I've been cleaning & clearing out certain things in spurts (as I have to). It is somewhat painful, in a strangely shielded way, each time I deal with another level of clearing things. It's as if God is letting me do what I am able to handle. The last set of items I dealt with gave me insight into my mother that I never had, although I thought I knew her. It had to do with my mother's relationship with family, her relationship with God, and my relationship to my mother as a daughter and a prayer partner. I saw a brief glismp of my mother's grief; a grief that was never visible to me or any of my family (I don't believe). It was an unspeakable grief, that was covered by "faith, generosity of spirit, optimism, kindness, strength, fortitude, courage, tolerance for others, love of diversity, and most of all an outrageous sense of humor. When I saw it, I was in awe. This happened about 8 months after my mother passed away. I don't think I could have endured it if I had seen it sooner. It was a gift from God. He shielded me until I could see it.

I will pray for the peace of your husband & you, but I would also recommend a pacing of your activities. Be gentle with yourselves, don't go faster than you are able to bear. May the peace of God surround you, your husband, and your family; and may the Holy Spirit guide you as you complete your work.

God's blessings To All

~Ava~
    Hi Burgyeb,

Thanks for your kindness to us all. I get an extra blessing out of your posts and thank you so much for doing them.

I agree with what you have said and I think the hardest of all when it came to this kind of activity was after my husband (who I might add was my best friend) left me behind while he went to join his Savior. That was five years ago and I am still in the process. The majority of things have been taken care of for several years now but some things just seemed to need to wait. God has helped me through it and included many blessings along the way. I know that He will help Linda and Garry though it too as well as Sofia and any others that will let Him.

Loves to all,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

One of the blessings is that my husband, children and extended family are closer after spending this much time together and talking about the old items.

We had a tendency to be together at our house on Sunday for lunch and afternoon of visiting or for holidays. Everyone seems to be so busy but when this need came up all have helped out.

I may not have time to get back here until the 1st of next week, so am wishing you all the best, and God bless!

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

God continue to amaze me by seeing the strength of all that you all are going through; I will also keep you in prayer for you and your family at this time; other's have said whats in my heart on the thread; thank God for each of you.

You are all in my prayers and those who read the thread and not respond are also in my prayers. We never know if something is posted will help someone else.. nothing but encouragement illuminating from the words typed here... what a mighty God we serve!

I love you all; peace and strength to each and everyone of you.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Sofia for your prayers and encouragement! It's always good to hear from you. Youmeus, that's a blessing, there is no greater gift than family unity. Thank you Peggy; it is helpful to know that we are not alone in the things we experience or go through. ~Ava~

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

What A Mighty God we Serve!

How great that we can get strength from the fellowship and prayers of others and I am thankful for the support.

Lord, I praise Thee that Thou art, and that Thou performest Thy perfect will in and through the lives of individual men.
    Chambers, Oswald, Knocking at God’s Door, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1957.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    What A Mighty God we Serve!

How great that we can get strength from the fellowship and prayers of others and I am thankful for the support.

Lord, I praise Thee that Thou art, and that Thou performest Thy perfect will in and through the lives of individual men.
    Chambers, Oswald, Knocking at God’s Door, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1957.
    Yes Peggy:

I was thinking of this very thing today as I stepped into another post that I felt strongly that I was to be involved with. I was thinking of the importance of fellowship & support among believers, and I thought of this thread. There is actully also God's power available to us as we obey Him in fellowship.

I went into thread called "What's Your Starsign"? This is a thread that many Christians would stay out of; or some might go into if God hasn't dealt with them about it yet. I decided to go in because God did deal with me about it many years ago. I posted on #14 and #77.

Felt it was very important not to come in with alot of religiosity, but to be real and transparent. In order to possibly be helpful to someone. I kind of thought I might get attacked, but so far I haven't. A confrontation was not my purpose for posting.

Seem to have a genuine concern for individual's involved in this terribly popular "religion". I know that their are also very good Christian's who do not understand popular astrology, it's author, or it's purpose. God Himself brought me to an understanding gentlely, after opening my eyes so I could actually "see" it's darkness. That's why I love God, because He is always gentle with me, when I don't fully understand.

If you have time or God impresses you to do so, please visit that thread; posters as God sees them are simply searching for truth.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Burgyeb, for that great post. You are so right about people not understanding religion sometimes -- I often pray for guidance on understanding.

Linda, I am praying for you and your family this weekend as you are having the auction. I am thankful for the blessing your family can be to each other as you work together and share the memories of how your lives got to this time of life.

Anything that obtrudes itself into my consciousness can very easily shut God out. It is not the big things that keep us from being settled in God, but the tiny things.
    Chambers, Oswald, Run Today’s Race, (United Kingdom: Marshall Morgan & Scott) c1968.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Thread Information