Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

With loving thoughts and prayers, Youmeus, as He adds more colours to your tapestry of life.

Attached Images Attached Images  

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you Linda and your family. May your DIL and her family have the peace of God, as they mourn for her father and make all of the necessary preparations. May God bless your neighbor Frank as he enters into his treatment plan for his esopageal cancer. LORD please bless Linda with your strength and your peace which surpasses all understanding. I ask these things in the precious Name of Jesus. Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

PRAYER REQUESTS/ UPDATES/ PRAISE REPORTS

Youmeus - (1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused - (1/13) Linda reports focusing on God's grace in her devotions & sharing about it with others

Burgyeb -(1/1) Praying the New Year will be God focused -(1/14) Ava reports focusing on God's Word in her daily devotions & striving to live it.

Luvintage- (1/2) Needs strength to act in wisdom for challenges being faced in her life

Charlene, neighbor of Youmeus - (1/13) Had recent mastectomy, awaiting tx decisions, & is a widow who farms.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia) - (1/17) Praise Report: "my sister is doing well & continue to improve since diagnosed with brain embolism; my niece Taya still improving & doesn't need oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu." Also praising God for blessing her with 6 months of free rent in her first shop.

Sofiag1964 (Sophia)- (1/17) Requesting prayer for her fibromyalgia condition that is putting a strain on her physical strength as she runs her business.

Hopeful2 (Sandy) - (1/17) Requesting continued prayers for her daughter Rene who has been struggling with cardiac problems. Rene is also homebound and is in need of prayers for the prosperity of her business of making & selling jewelry online. Rene's restoration to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind & body is the focus of prayer. [Jeremiah 33:3]

Youmeus - (1/23) Is requesting prayers due to a very difficult week for her & her loved one's. Oh's Uncle was admitted to a facility due to Alzheimers. Neighbor with cancer awaiting source & treatment information. Her brother had surgery on Thursday for removal of a portion of his colon. ADIL's father had an aneurism, & it reportedly looks bad. Youmeus (Linda) had a doctor's appointment & was scheduled for a total hip replacement on Feb. 14th. Prayers for God's peace & strength needed to help Linda and her loved ones meet these difficult challenges.

Update (1/27) Youmeus reported family of DIL made decision to take father off life support on 1/26/11 and he passed away 3 hours later. Continue to pray for the families peace and strength. Also neighbor, Frank will be starting a treatment plan for esophageal cancer. Continue prayers for him that the treatment plan will be effective and that he will be able to tolerate the treatments.

FOR EARLIER UPDATE HISTORY SEE POST #760 & POST #982 (LAST 2010 LIST UPDATE)
    SEE POST # 1039 FOR THREAD 2010 SUMMARY REPORT & POST #1043 FOR 1st PRAYER LIST 2011

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Please add my amen to Burgy's prayer.

Youmeus, you, your family and Frank are in my prayers.
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amen.

Good to see you Luvintage. Hope things are going well; you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    With loving thoughts and prayers, Youmeus, as He adds more colours to your tapestry of life.

This is a great thought.

I like to embroidery and the front of a piece always looks good when finished but the back has threads that are woven into others to get a short way across the pattern and there are knots. The back isn't always a pretty sight. The "backside" of things is what we see now but when we get to heaven we will see from the "front" then we will know how God worked everything out for our good! PTL he is still in charge!

Thanks to all of you for holding our family up in prayer. We got home late last night after a 6 1/2 drive (one way) to attend our DIL's father's funeral. We left Fri evening and went part way. God gave us traveling protection and the weather was beautiful.

I would like to share our DIL's (Joy) testimony of her father's passing. He had been on life support for 7 days and the doctor's said there was no hope so they had to make the decision to unhook everything. We had all been praying that he would rally enough to let Joy know he had made his decision for Christ. She had left the book 23 Minutes in Hell the last time she visited and she knew he had read it but didn't know if he had done anything about it. He had been the type of Christian that we know so well, went to church as a child, went Christmas and Easter. Anyway, the day they had to unhook everything she told him it was alright to go on and she would take care of her mother and it was okay. He squeezed her hand and formed a word but no sound came out. She said she felt the peace of God and felt reassured he was going to heaven. There were at least 3 family members who had the vision of Johnnie walking holding a little boys hand. That would be her father holding the hand of her son who was stillborn 7 years ago. Since we know babies go to heaven that again was confirmation of where Johnnie is! PTL!!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

How beautiful to have such comfort. Prayers and love going your way, Linda. Linda G.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=youmeus;1288405]

I like to embroidery and the front of a piece always looks good when finished but the back has threads that are woven into others to get a short way across the pattern and there are knots. The back isn't always a pretty sight. The "backside" of things is what we see now but when we get to heaven we will see from the "front" then we will know how God worked everything out for our good! PTL he is still in charge!

Exactly! Well put. I look back on my own tapestry & realise there is no left, right, up, down, right, wrong etc - all I can see is privilege. Not a thing has ever been either ill-timed or out of place!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Linda that is such a beautiful testimony of God's faithfulness; and yes, He is always in control of every aspect of the believer's life. I had a very special experience today that let me know that God is always totally in control. Even when we think things are just not quite right or totally wrong.

My prayer request was to be more focused on God in 2011; I was thankful that I was able to start "back on track" with my usual practice of Bible study. Today I felt impressed to look for my 2010 Bible study plan, that took a different approach to my usual yearly practice. I even thought I had been thrown off track. To my amazement, today I was exactly at the same point (book & chapter & study focus) that I was at when I thought I had "been thrown off track". I believe I was exactly where God wanted me in terms of my study focus today and where I had left off in 2010.

I kept thinking about how God is in control of every aspect of our lives; He continually orders every step we take. It matters not if we understand, agree, or see what is going on. I even thought about the Israelites who wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. They virtually went in a circle for 40 years, because they were not ready to enter the promised land. Can't really explain, but I felt that way today, when I went searching for my notes where I "left off" in 2010 only to find out that I was exactly at the same point today.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Burgy, that is a comforting post.

When studying about the 40 years in the wilderness I saw something I had never thought about before. Did you realize Moses' father-in-law came to visit and went home again? Why didn't the others go too? It's been awhile since I looked at that scripture passage so can look it up for reference if it doesn't seem right to you.

Thread Information