Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What A Mighty God we Serve!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    Strange as it may seem, not all who serve a Mighty Lord speak the same language, or have the same faith understanding.

Are there ways in which these Ebid threads can allow differences to speak to each other?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your post and asking about speaking to each other concerning the differences people may have concerning the Mighty Lord they serve. Also thank you for the respect shown by asking instead of just doing so.

I am bringing forward the original post where Sofia started this thread as from it I have the understanding that she doesn't wish to have the types of discussion you are referring to. Sofia does serve the God referred to in the KJV Bible that made it possible for salvation through the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ.

I think you could start a thread of your own in the 'Spirituality & Metaphysical' category though. Even if you do start one of your own it would be nice to have you stop by now and then as (if it is your picture with the books) you have a very friendly smile and I need one sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by sofiag1964 View Post
    Hello! I'm so excited on so many things I've been blessed with and I want to share them with you. None of us have all the answers, but one thing I do know and that is the faith in God I have and am not ashamed to share it.

There are several scriptures that get me through the tough times; whether it's financial, phsyical illnesses, loss of loved ones or just having a very bad day.

This is bascially to share what I've gone through and what I do to get through them. This isn't meant for debate and no slandering anyone else's beliefs, just a part of me I want to share with you.

Thank you for letting me share this with you.... this is probably the first one I came to know and helped me to see others in a way I never did before;

John 13:34 I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.

Thanks, Burgyeb, for all your work in trying to make things better on this thread and I would like to also say thanks to all who are praying as, even if they are not on the list, there are prayers needed by our eBid friends as I and others have some that are unspoken but very important. Blessings to all who participate in this thread, by reading and/or posting.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Ropegg for your wise & gracious response. I was thinking of posting on sophia's #1 post this morning as showing the original purpose of this thread. I'm just so glad that God brings all things together perfectly is His own timing.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Thank you Ropegg for your wise & gracious response. I was thinking of posting on sophia's #1 post this morning as showing the original purpose of this thread. I'm just so glad that God brings all things together perfectly is His own timing.
    And when He does not a thing is out of place (or ever has been!) methinks.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    And when He does not a thing is out of place (or ever has been!) methinks.
    Hi Cheaver! Yes, so true. :-)

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read in the original post

John 13:34 I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another.

I take this as a command to love all those who Jesus loves, and it made me feel welcome.

However I am not a KJV person, I want the best translation of what was originally written, so perhaps I would be disruptive in this group.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Bill! Welcome!! It's wonderful to see new 'faces' on here. I know what you mean about KJV... along with that, I read the amplified which expands what KJV says.

All are welcome who need prayers for something specific in their lives, for a loved one or just want to share what God has done in their lives as anyone who reads these uplifting messages may be just the thing they need that day or that moment in time.

I need to apologize for my silence lately and thank God for Peggy & the others who've been on here faithfully. You all are in my prayers. I will take time now to go through the posts

Praise Report: my sister is doing well & continue to improve since she was diagnosed with a type of embolism [brain not in gear so late in the evening for proper word]; my niece Taya is still improving, she doesn't need the oxygen tank as much due to the swine flu.
    Love u all & speak soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I read in the original post

I take this as a command to love all those who Jesus loves, and it made me feel welcome.

However I am not a KJV person, I want the best translation of what was originally written, so perhaps I would be disruptive in this group.

Forum Master
    View sofiag1964's Feedback (+456)
    All-About sofiag1964
    View sofiag1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

oops I forgot to ask for prayer;

I've been in a shop shared by 8 other retailers [selling fudge, baby items, craft items, recycled home decor & jewellery, paintings & prints and one entertainer who juggles & does magic tricks]; well, we opened a week before Christmas & will be open until end of May. Due to the fact we have to be open with the mall is open [7 days a week]; it's putting a physical strain on my body [fibromyalgia condition]... this is why I'm not here often & will pop in when I can

I thank God for this opportunity for 6 months free rent in this unit [my first shop] to see if business will take off; He is amazing!!... ; you are all in my prayers as well
    love,
    sof

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sophia, good to hear from you, and I will be praying for you. Have been communicating with Hopeful2 (Sandy) and Rene continues to be in need of prayer. Rene is Sandy's only child, and has been struggling with cardiac problems. Sandy said she is unable to work outside her home. Rene also needs prayer for her business activities of making jewelry and selling it online will prosper.Father thank you for being a God who cares about our problems and needs before they are voiced. LORD continue to bless and heal sophia, her sister, and her neice. Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed on them. LORD I ask that you would hold Rene in your secret place. Please touch her with your power and love. Restore Rene to a state of wholeness in spirit, mind, body, and in her finances. I ask these things in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are so welcome Sandy! It is really good to see you post here! :-)

Thread Information