eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any Crystal Healers kicking around?

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the insight! I really appreciate it, always good to hear how other people experience things.

We get a lot of the "What does this do?" questions with people expecting a quick 500 words on the metaphysical properties of...you name it! We have some printed cards and papers made up so people can read them as they browse (at the shows), and our website has a metaphysical glossary that I am woefully behind on. I generally take some reference books with to shows so people can do a bit of their own research. Are you familiar with the Melody "Love is in the Earth" books? Those are a standard around here. We are hoping to add some books for purchase next year, and I've been looking at some offered by the Findhorn Press as likely inclusions.

When we have the time at shows, I like to engage people in a little conversation about their intuitive abilities, since it seems like the people who want a book definition for the crystal are trying to strengthen their intuitive skills on one hand, yet subverting them behind a book definition at the same time. I agree that these abilities are a natural part of our being that we have squelched for a variety of reasons. It is fun to see the same people year after year as they learn to trust themselves and their inner knowing.

Between now and Christmas we'll do more craft shows, we have one big psychic fair the 24th-26th of this month and then it will be predominantly church-sponsored events. When we are in a Christian-influenced setting people talk to me confidentially about their own experiences with intuition and metaphysical topics. I think they don't feel they have an outlet to express these things within their regular social and religious networks, and I am a safe ear for them there. Many of these little "confessions" involve a Native American grandmother who taught them herbal healing, or how to draw sickness out of someone with their hands, but are abilities their church has no framework of acceptance for. We also get about one angry person a year who thinks our presence is disrespectful to God and that our attribution of healing properties to "damn rocks" is blasphemy, but we haven't been driven out with pitchforks so we'll keep going back.

When you move into more rural areas, you move away from mainstream Christianity and into more localized denominations that blend Jesus and the Green Man to various effect. Not so much around here since our part of Iowa has gentle geography, but in more challenging terrain you find people whose ancestors emigrated here from Scotland or Ireland and who still follow linguistic and folk healing practices from there. As with other parts of the world, sometimes the local church can assimilate outside beliefs and sometimes not. I think the overall pattern throughout the US is officially one of religious tolerance as borne out by state and federal court decisions, but when it comes down to the personal level of what you want your neighbors to see, beliefs become standardized in a hurry.

Does the aragonite you are talking about look like a bundle of spikes, like a sea urchin? Aragonite comes in some different forms, the spiky ball of it here would be called "Hedgehog."

Can you go to any quartz mines in the UK? We have some friends with mines in Arkansas, it takes us about 10 hours to drive there and we dig almost all the quartz that we sell ourselves, as far as the natural points and clusters go. The tooled and lab-influenced stones come from different sources. I'm trying to convince my one mine-owning friend with a shop on the other side to come to ebid, think it would be great for her here. She says our economy has really hit the mine owners hard this tourist season and isn't making many sales through the internet either, and so far she has been too stressed to contemplate adding ebid to her activities.

Thanks again and be well!
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

must be lovely to be able to dig for quartz ect, around this area sort of 1hrs drive they seem to collect Fossils of the beach & out of the cliffs & about 30mins the otherway its Stonehendge.

Forum Newbie
    Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View Algasmoon's Feedback (+27)
    All-About Algasmoon
    View Algasmoon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Sorry i didnt reply earlier, well the people in this area of North London are very open to alternative medicine, in fact its the 'original' medicine, the factory made pills are the alternative. Modern medicine only addresses the symptoms, not the cause, its the cause that crystals and reiki can have great improvement with. The vibrationary importance of crystals means - for me - that i would (edited= never )..use heat treated crystals ever. Your pc screen is probably LCD liquid crystal display and works by the fact that small electronic pulses effect the crystal liquid so you see what you see, its a delicate balance and i should think if put in an oven the screen and its crystaline properties would not be the same! Same goes for the silicon chip you are right this minute relying on - we all use crystal magic everyday. Just take it for granted. The vibration of quartz and its efficiency as a time keeper is well known, people just need to realise that we use them and their properties all the time in science.

Forum Newbie
    Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View Algasmoon's Feedback (+27)
    All-About Algasmoon
    View Algasmoon's Listings
    Forum Posts

sorry!!! i wouldnt ever use heat treated crystals i meant to say, sorry for the reasons stated above.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Algasmon, we no what you are saying as you say it was the original healing , think its upto us as individuls as how much of the alternative healing we all use.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    When we have the time at shows, I like to engage people in a little conversation about their intuitive abilities, since it seems like the people who want a book definition for the crystal are trying to strengthen their intuitive skills on one hand, yet subverting them behind a book definition at the same time. I agree that these abilities are a natural part of our being that we have squelched for a variety of reasons. It is fun to see the same people year after year as they learn to trust themselves and their inner knowing.
    Hi Pearlygirl
    Interesting comments…actually we attended a MSB Fair last year sometime where a couple approached our stand and began asking about Crystals, usual questions, like how do you pick them, what do they do etc. I explained that some people would give them a sheet with names and healing properties and they match that up to their ailments, but explained that we didn’t really sell that way, intuition was the best way to choose Crystals, the right Crystal would always end up going home with you! That there is no right or wrong way to choose them etc. etc. They thanks us for our help and that what we had told them was interesting…
    Little while later hubby notices that they have found another Crystal stand, where the Seller promptly pulls out a sheet, hands it to them and they then proceeded to purchase the Crystals on the list!
    OK, so from a sales point of view maybe we are losing money but I’d rather save the integrity of my business than just sell for sales sake, you know?

Blessings
    Sharon

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been to Stonehenge back in 1985, it was wonderful. Was in England for a month as part of a horseback riding team, would love to go back someday. Would love to see Maes Howe (probably not spelling that right at all) too.

Unless you have a mining card (which we don't) you cannot actually go into the earth, into the pit part of the mine. They will often use dynamite to blast surplus earth out of the way, plus groundwater seepage contributes to the hazards of being in the working part of the mine. So the mine owners bring quartz-laden dirt out to where you can dig through it, with these large piles called the "tailings." There is so much quartz in this dirt that it can look like a glass-strewn bar parking lot when the sun strikes at just the right angle.

There is much variance from mine to mine, even in a compact geographic area, with reference to the quality of the quartz and also the digging conditions. At one place, you might only be prowling around on the tailings, while a mile away you might be digging quartz out from within the depths of a big muddy canyon. No matter what the digging conditions are, the quartz will be filthy when it comes out, so we wash it with a high-pressure hose and then soak it in an acid bath to dissolve the minerals adhered to the crystal. Then re-wash and repeat as necessary. My friend Becky owns the Sweet Surrender mine, and her quartz is coated with the nastiest iron oxide, almost impossible to get off! But her quartz is also water-clear when you do clean it up, and seems brilliantly lit from within. We went to another mine near Becky's last trip down, Brewster Mountain, and the quartz we found there had a lot of inclusions in it; we have a piece that is about the size of a candy bar and looks like it has tomato juice in it, just full of some other amorphous mineral. Another friend of ours who works at a mine showed us a piece of quartz he found that has garnets growing around it; it was amazing.

We use a wholeasaler in Arkansas, also a mine owner, who has a plate of amethyst in his barn that a person can literally stand inside of; it is like a giant cathedral. He bought it from a mine in Brazil, don't know if it was around Minas Gerais or not. He also has huge quartz points that are the size of cars. He said he sells them to Asian companies who will then put a huge point on each side of the doors to their corporate offices. He said a couple of pairs of those huge quartz points were in the Twin Towers when they got bombed.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Thread Information