Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: any spiritualist out there a medium`s job

Default any spiritualist out there a medium`s job

i thought i might start a discussion about spiritualism, because many people have the wrong idea about a medium, the job of a medium is to prove survival after death, and not forecast the future which many people believe that is what a medium job is to do.

thanks for pointing this out rajah. the mediums job is to be a channel for spirit, proving life eternal. as one medium said 'you cant die for the life of you'

Is this the point where I am supposed to reveal that my aunt used to be a medium?

Now she's an extra-large.

Damian LOL

I know someone that is a medium, she is a very gifted lady.

Indeed, a fortune teller supposedly tells the fortune, not a medium

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    i thought i might start a discussion about spiritualism, because many people have the wrong idea about a medium, the job of a medium is to prove survival after death, and not forecast the future which many people believe that is what a medium job is to do.
    Hi im a trance medium and give sittings to many people who try to get comfort some way

thats the oldest joke ever, the dhinosaurs laffed at that one DOHHHHHHHHHHHH

some people call me a medium, but I've never been sure what I am, my main way of working is as a remote viewer.... in other words I sit here in somerset and scan the spirits in other peoples homes... so I pick up on family members on the other side or past residence of the house or sometimes things and people who predate the house in question.

Well, I don't call myself a medium or anything like that, but I have described people and places I've never seen before to people who have, without them telling me anything first. It doesn't happen often and I have no control over it, but it's funky fun when it happens. (No, I can't do anything to do with Lotto numbers.)

damian if you are intrested you have what is known as prerecognition

Prerecognition (noun) : The feeling of having remembered something or someone that one has actually not been exposed or previously introduced to.

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    damian if you are intrested you have what is known as prerecognition

Prerecognition (noun) : The feeling of having remembered something or someone that one has actually not been exposed or previously introduced to.
    No, I don't think that's it. What I experience is not a "feeling", it's not like Deja-vu at all. I actually fully describe a person or location that I have never experienced to someone who has and then find that the description matches their personal experience of that person or place. My descriptions sometimes include details that the other person hadn't even noticed before and had to check on to verify them.

For example, on one occasion I was working with a carpet and vinyl flooring fitter. He had been to a job to measure up and had met the woman who lived their. The following week we were both driving to this woman's house when I started to describe her, the clothing she had worn when he met her, her attitude/personality, the room we were to work in (a kitchen, as it happens) and even the view out of the window. That was the bit which made no sense to my mate as I said I saw what looked like the sea, yet we were driving uphill and away from anywhere that had a sea view and he was sure he hadn't seen any water when he was there. It turned out that on the evening he had measured up the weather conditions and time of day were almost identical to those on the day we arrived to do the job. As afternoon turned to evening a low mist rolled in across the valley below her kitchen window. The mist looked just like water. So all that cannot possible be called a "feeling", it's more like mind-reading. <shrug>

Thread Information